What are you doing with homebrew today?

Looks like that’s like all I’m going to get. Hit where the software predicted.
811308EC-5DF5-47D9-8D2A-DB70DCDD0748.png

Cleaned the keg after finishing my Ruby Ale. Wow that one left some residue. And just noticed I have filled out a bit more.

Another hotchpodge of storage vessels for the next brew.

Airlock on the Brown Ale bubbling nice and gently at a steady 3-4 seconds from morning after starting into day 4. Hydrometer reading planned for day 6.

So you’re at 67% now. Maybe it will eke out another point or 2??
It edged down a point to 1021, but for all I know it was at 1021 before and I misread it.
Cranked the temp down to 1C this morning, should be kegging it Friday. I have decided not to add any coffee, but will add just a wee bit of vanilla to bring out, and smooth out the chocolate. Maybe 4ml of pure extract.
Looking forward Norman Conquest Saturday, or Sunday at the latest...

It edged down a point to 1021, but for all I know it was at 1021 before and I misread it.
Cranked the temp down to 1C this morning, should be kegging it Friday. I have decided not to add any coffee, but will add just a wee bit of vanilla to bring out, and smooth out the chocolate. Maybe 4ml of pure extract.
Looking forward Norman Conquest Saturday, or Sunday at the latest...
This sounds like something I’d almost drive to Canada for.

I am watching the airlock bubbling on Monday’s batch of AC Pale Ale, noting about an inch thick Krausen.
Also just finished packaging 3 baking trays of oven dried spent grain from that batch, getting about 340 grams (not sure how much before drying). This should tide me over for a while.
image.jpg

I am watching the airlock bubbling on Monday’s batch of AC Pale Ale, noting about an inch thick Krausen.
Also just finished packaging 3 baking trays of oven dried spent grain from that batch, getting about 340 grams (not sure how much before drying). This should tide me over for a while.
View attachment 25120
That's stout spent grains aye Herm.
They darkened up a tad Aye?

Will add a little extra fibre to your diet anyhow.

That's stout spent grains aye Herm.
They darkened up a tad Aye?

Will add a little extra fibre to your diet anyhow.
No, these are from a light pale ale, about 6 - 7 SRM in color. I have used sbg from stout before, but that made for some very dark sourdough at about 7% of flour bill.
The additional fiber is a good benefit.

Well I was planning on bottling but I managed to break my hydrometer...number 3 for you folks keeping score! So I made some dinner and had Wifey pick me up a six.
View attachment 25121

And this is some sbg bread!
Good beer!
Is that ribbon in the bread your sbg?
Bummer about your hydrometer. When I brewed on Monday, I reflected that nothing has broken during brewing, except for a couple bottles. I’ll continue with my careful ways, and wish good luck to the rest of you.

Last edited:
Well I was planning on bottling but I managed to break my hydrometer...number 3 for you folks keeping score! So I made some dinner and had Wifey pick me up a six.
View attachment 25121

And this is some sbg bread!
Keep breaking them. You’ll catch up with me. If there’s one thing I’m good at with brewing, it’s breaking hydrometers. Would probably be cheaper to just go ahead and buy a floating sensor.

Not broken a hydrometer yet which must be more down to luck as I can be clumsy but also absent minded...just been reminded that I left one of my hydrometers in the steriliser. Got excited having a good day. Brown Ale hit target range (1.013-1.008) on first reading 1.013 at Day 6. Looks, tastes ready with nice extra darkness and that familiar soft texture already there. Airlock has dropped to 30 second intervals from 4 seconds at day 4 so going on previous batches there is a very good chance it will be ready on my favourite day for kegging/bottling (Saturday).

Things go faster with bombers! Dark mild with Voss
View attachment 25130
Sure shortens up the bottling time. My only issue is that I tend to drink them at the same rate I drink the little bottles. Just feels like I'm drinking more if I open two bottles instead of one, and builds in a metering device for me. Dunno what's gonna happen if I ever keg. :eek:

Sure shortens up the bottling time. My only issue is that I tend to drink them at the same rate I drink the little bottles. Just feels like I'm drinking more if I open two bottles instead of one, and builds in a metering device for me. Dunno what's gonna happen if I ever keg. :eek:
You'll drink more :)
I have the same issue with bombers as you
I've gone to smaller (standard) glass with the keg, but it leaves no evidence behind.... Just when it is gone, it's gone

Back