What are you doing with homebrew today?

Transferring my wheat lager to a keg
20220909_163658.jpg

Got the doors (sorta) sealed up on the chamber today. Huge difference in how much condensation drips off the ice jug (because the air dries out quickly if there’s no outside air being sucked in by the fan) , and how fast one jug of ice will cool down the chamber. I’m still gonna add another rack so I put a total of 6 half-gallon jugs on hooks in the back chamber, pretty much filling it up with ice. Yeasty beasties gonna have fun making my beer warm now. Gotta get more jugs soon so I can slow down my Chocolate Oatmeal Stout and see if I can knock off a couple points on the final gravity with a temperature bump at the end.

Everything so far says it should be a gentle temperature swing. Just chilling air is a lot different from chilling a large volume of liquid with living creatures in it. Hopefully it’ll get me to that next learning curve.

Milling station...need to actually get the new mill before I go much farther. Gonna be a BEAST...
No more than I brew, I can’t justify keeping large quantities of grains or adjuncts. My LHBS invites me in the back to mill whatever I’m buying or just does it for me if he isn’t too busy.

Definitely want to see photos of the finished product. I like fabricating things almost as much as I like making beer.

No more than I brew, I can’t justify keeping large quantities of grains or adjuncts. My LHBS invites me in the back to mill whatever I’m buying or just does it for me if he isn’t too busy.

Definitely want to see photos of the finished product. I like fabricating things almost as much as I like making beer.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Where I got with it today

Back