What are you doing with homebrew today?

I just renewed my AHA (American Homebrewers Association) membership, and as a result of renewing early, I saved $5. An added bonus is they are sending me a half kilo (1.1 pounds) of Azacca hops. Therefore, I will be looking into beers to use this huge (for me) quantity of hops.
Same! I created a pale ale recipe with Azacca hops but other than that I don't know yet what I'm going to do with all those pellets!

I just renewed my AHA (American Homebrewers Association) membership, and as a result of renewing early, I saved $5. An added bonus is they are sending me a half kilo (1.1 pounds) of Azacca hops. Therefore, I will be looking into beers to use this huge (for me) quantity of hops.
I have used Azacca lots, nice hop!

Filled 17 bottles of West Coast IPA. Hopefully brewing a cream ale on Wednesday
20210920_090827.jpg

Tomorrow I get to do something I’ve never had an opportunity to do.....I, going to a Home Brew Store! Yeah I know i suck buying from the big guys. This one is about 2 hours away. I’m there for a conference tomorrow so I’m getting some fresh yeast and ingredients for the next few batches. They deliver so if they have what I’m looking for then I will probably order from them when I can. Place is called Brewdude, it’s in Lexington KY

Tomorrow I get to do something I’ve never had an opportunity to do.....I, going to a Home Brew Store! Yeah I know i suck buying from the big guys. This one is about 2 hours away. I’m there for a conference tomorrow so I’m getting some fresh yeast and ingredients for the next few batches. They deliver so if they have what I’m looking for then I will probably order from them when I can. Place is called Brewdude, it’s in Lexington KY
Nice! Hope you have a great time at the store and the conference

You know the brew store north of me rather I order before I go that way they dont fluff about getting grains and such from me and my uming and aghring about things.

But yes theres nothing like going through bins of specialty malts hops and yeast and dreaming about all the brews your gonna make with them:p

Plus like in @Herm_brews situation you can have a beer and ponder ones next brew move;)

Gunna pitch this active M44 stater
20210921_160143.jpg

Last edited:
Have fun shopping your nslhbs (not so local home brew supply)! And you don’t “suck buying from the big guys” because that is your best option. I feel quite lucky having 2 lhbs between home and work, and even so I have made equipment purchases from the big guys.

If they let you in the grain room, be sure to munch on a few kernels of any grain you've been curious about. I love doing that. Especially when deciding between two similar malts.

Crashing the starter. Will step it up tomorrow evening
No need to crash it if you are repitching it for a second round. Just pour off most of the liquid, add new wort, and let it go.

No need to crash it if you are repitching it for a second round. Just pour off most of the liquid, add new wort, and let it go.
Seems like you would be pouring out a lot of yeast if it's not sedimented out of solution

Back