What are you doing with homebrew today?

I'm prepping for my brew day tomorrow! I transferred my recipe into my beer journal and will double check all ingredients and equipment later today. I need to start emptying some bottles soon (the easiest part of homebrewing IMO :)) as this is a kveik fermentation and may be done in a few days. I'm so excited! On the last zoom chat there was a request for a time lapse video of my short boil IPA process, so I'm going to do my best to get that going as well. Cheers!

IMG_20210716_163643640_copy_768x1024.jpg
IMG_20210716_163455402_HDR_copy_1024x768.jpg
First batch in a few years, back to brewing

View attachment 16611 View attachment 16610 First batch in a few years, back to brewing
Amen Brother good to see you back at the helm!

I see all them pids just ordered me an inkbird PID want to incorporate that PT 100 probe I bought and swap out the ReX C100 I've got with the variable K type probe.
It's done me good but I just want to k ow I'm mashing in at the temp i set without having to double check with the digital temp thermometer.

Amen Brother good to see you back at the helm!

I see all them pids just ordered me an inkbird PID want to incorporate that PT 100 probe I bought and swap out the ReX C100 I've got with the variable K type probe.
It's done me good but I just want to k ow I'm mashing in at the temp i set without having to double check with the digital temp thermometer.

I use ezboils to power by kettles, those inkbird's are just to take constant temp readings on my rig, not to say they wont power, they will

Checked on the Citra session today. I think primary is pretty much done. It doesn't knock my socks off with hop aroma/flavor like I was hoping, but it has plenty of bitterness. I'd like the yeast to sediment quite a bit more before I bottle, but I'venever have good luck getting Voss kveik to settle out. I removed the insulating blanket to try and lower the temp tonight, maybe I'll add ice packs tomorrow to help it along
20210718_183445.jpg

Checked on the Citra session today. I think primary is pretty much done. It doesn't knock my socks off with hop aroma/flavor like I was hoping, but it has plenty of bitterness. I'd like the yeast to sediment quite a bit more before I bottle, but I'venever have good luck getting Voss kveik to settle out. I removed the insulating blanket to try and lower the temp tonight, maybe I'll add ice packs tomorrow to help it along
View attachment 16652
Same it's stubborn stuff on the flock doesn't know when to leave just wants to hang around lol.

I am observing what looks like a good fermentation of the amber ale that I brewed yesterday. It took a while to get started, but the yeast slurry from a previous batch seems to be doing the job. There is about a half inch thick krausen, and the airlock is actively bubbling.
On another note, today I have been thinking about brewing saison, even though that is essentially an unknown style for me. Time to do some tasting research.

I am observing what looks like a good fermentation of the amber ale that I brewed yesterday. It took a while to get started, but the yeast slurry from a previous batch seems to be doing the job. There is about a half inch thick krausen, and the airlock is actively bubbling.
On another note, today I have been thinking about brewing saison, even though that is essentially an unknown style for me. Time to do some tasting research.
Good luck on your tasting journey, Saison is a style that my palate does not compute for some reason, similar to Belgians

View attachment 16652
Nice color! If that were my brew, I don't think I would want it "clear up"!

Back