What are you doing with homebrew today?

20230118_121203.jpg

Transfering my Amarican Amber in to the keg...

Today I’m watching Bunyip pump out the CO2, and build a hefty Krausen.
image.jpg

That Krausen is about 2.5 inches thick, while yesterday afternoon it was about a quarter inch thick. Look at the nice white cap on the beer, would be nice to crop some of that, but I’m not opening the fermenter until I need to. It’s about 59 degrees in that closet.

Got the fittings I needed to connect the water supply to the condenser, works like a charm!
20230119_200017.jpg

It seems a bit gadgety but with the sink set up like this I can run cold water to the condenser, or to the CF chiller, and still be able to use hot and cold water in the sink for wash up chores or whatever. The three way valve allows me to collect hot water from the chiller for clean up purposes. The arrow on the handle depicts the flow path.
20230119_200142.jpg

20230119_200050.jpg

Got the fittings I needed to connect the water supply to the condenser, works like a charm!
View attachment 23909

It seems a bit gadgety but with the sink set up like this I can run cold water to the condenser, or to the CF chiller, and still be able to use hot and cold water in the sink for wash up chores or whatever. The three way valve allows me to collect hot water from the chiller for clean up purposes. The arrow on the handle depicts the flow path.
View attachment 23910
View attachment 23912
I don't understand it, but I respect it :D

When I installed my wash sink I added a lead free hose bib and a hose to camlock adapter on the cold water side. I find this really useful to fill the HLT, flush lines (everything uses camlock connectors), back flush plate chiller, add cleaning water to BK, etc...

2023-01-20 07.56.32.jpg

Anybody else having trouble accessing howtobrew.com? I was trying to send a friend a link and it's not loading

Recently tried a black IPA that was disappointing, so now I'm putting a recipe together with what I've got in the freezer. Haven't had a good one in a while, so fingers crossed. This will be up after the Celebration clone brew this weekend
I LOVE A BLACK IPA (Cascadian Dark Ale), I have an all grain recipe that is killer if you would like to review it, let me know. I copied it from a brewer that has not been on here in years.

I LOVE A BLACK IPA (Cascadian Dark Ale), I have an all grain recipe that is killer if you would like to review it, let me know. I copied it from a brewer that has not been on here in years.
I was using your recipe as a reference actually :D I won't have quite as many hop additions...but I'm targeting 1.060 and 60 ibus, capping the mash with carafa 3, Chico yeast strain, SRM of 24...I'm excited to take a crack at it!

Also, does anyone have advice how to cut a liquid dip tube from a keg? I don't have a pipe cutter. I do have metal blades for my cordless jig saw, but that doesn't sound like a clean cut

Also, does anyone have advice how to cut a liquid dip tube from a keg? I don't have a pipe cutter. I do have metal blades for my cordless jig saw, but that doesn't sound like a clean cut

Metal? Or plastic/silicone..
By the way you ask, it sounds metal and then I would use a small metal saw and a file or sand paper to smoothen

What I’m doing for home brewing today? Living through you all haha. Sophie’s birthday party is tomorrow. So I am supposed to be helping and offering moral support to my wife who goes above and beyond on stuff like this. I got a serious stink eye when I mentioned brewing “while I helped”.

I was using your recipe as a reference actually :D I won't have quite as many hop additions...but I'm targeting 1.060 and 60 ibus, capping the mash with carafa 3, Chico yeast strain, SRM of 24...I'm excited to take a crack at it!

The dark candy sugar could probably just be plain sugar, but I followed what I copied.
I'm not sure what has changed since I switched the using Brewfather for my recipes and brew sessions. Here is a link to how I last brewed this.
https://share.brewfather.app/zbCAh2dmye8X6U

Tube cutter would be the best, maybe someone you know may have one...

My dry/wet run through did not go well today...
I'm glad I didn't attempt to actually brew something today!
I have some kinks to work out...
Took the opportunity in the brew space to clean up a few kegs that needed it.
Oh no! Well at least you tried?

Back