What are you doing with homebrew today?

Fun fact: I hooked up a picnic tap and the pressure was high enough to push through the closed tap...
Holly :eek:it! That is indeed some overcarbonation lol!

Now I beg to question how on earth did this keg recieve that much pressure :D?

Holy shit, the smoker is already hot. I guess I have to pretend to cook and drink homebrew for an hour or two. It probaby doesn' t hurt that it still feels like it is in the 70s outside.

I’m drinking a HB amber ale, making stuff for tomorrow.
image.jpg

Just milled my grains for tomorrow' brewday.
I'll be bottling my Voss wheat (with coriander, lemongrass & lime peel), while mashing & boiling the new batch. To go on the trub.
New batch is pilsner malt, 5% wheat, 5% aroma malt. Thinking of same aromatics (lemongrass, peel & coriander)...

And the sad news....
Just had to throw out the remainder of Maris otter.
It got mouldy :(

Well, aside from deep frying the turkey, today is a major cleanup day for the brewery (a.k.a. my basement). Going to be a great Christmas, have brewed nine different beers since October 1st. No brewing in December, too much traveling to see grandkids in between work to really have the time.

Whenever anyone thinks their homebrew might not be to that crazy cool, professional level, wait two weeks. I thought I might have missed a couple of things a couple of weeks ago but drinking Thansgiving beer today, holy shit, I nailed it
Excellent! That is great news.

Yes, homebrewers often make great beer. The pros have to make the exact same beer every time.

Excellent! That is great news.

Yes, homebrewers often make great beer. The pros have to make the exact same beer every time.
Initially, I believed I should have done the 10 minute hop addition, and I was going to get pissy about the advice I was given, but Sunfire was spot on assuming I had a little patience. Waiting a couple of weeks, I got exactly what I wanted

Whenever anyone thinks their homebrew might not be to that crazy cool, professional level, wait two weeks. I thought I might have missed a couple of things a couple of weeks ago but drinking Thansgiving beer today, holy shit, I nailed it

Yes, conditioning will do wonders for beer. I brewed a Christmas beer last year and my initial thought was "What did I do wrong". Few months later I was cleaning up and was going to dump the keg so I could clean it. Figured I would take a quick taste, completely different beer.

And even better I had a Thankgiving guest that brought a similar style from a big boy, and mine was better. Sometimes technology sucks. Othertimes, yeast technology isn't half bad.

Yes, conditioning will do wonders for beer. I brewed a Christmas beer last year and my initial thought was "What did I do wrong". Few months later I was cleaning up and was going to dump the keg so I could clean it. Figured I would take a quick taste, completely different beer.
I did a Saison last year. It tasted like shit at 4 weeks. At 6 weeks, not bad. At 8 weeks, yummy. Beer is a very cool animal.

Filets of bass from the ocean have long been a favorite of mine; calico, barred sandbass and white sea bass caught off the coast of SoCal. Many caught while drinking cheap beer. I loved cooking them the same day, coated with Italian bread crumbs and fried in olive oil. And consumed with more cheap beer, or not. I haven’t enjoyed a cheap beer in a long time. Sadly, neither have I caught a bass from the ocean lately. However, I have enjoyed plenty of good craft beer since the last time I caught a bass from the ocean. Anyway, brew beer, catch fish, do what you like. Don’t be a bot.

Last edited:

Back