What are you doing with homebrew today?

Will be a late night but going to brew beer regardless. My son-in-law is a Heady Topper fan, so I am brewing a Heady Topper Clone for him.

20221121_192718.jpg

View attachment 23180 Started with a lower than expected OG, but US-05 got me a lower than projected FG, and delivered a 6.6% abv on this dark brown beverage.
This should be really nice in a couple weeks. I had 26 bottles, but the neck snapped on one while capping.
Glad you didn’t cut yourself on the bottle!

Tree not up. Oh well

I cleaned up my fermzilla or at least I think did. I couldn’t get the collection jar to come off. I did my usual PBW and a thorough wipe inside. Then iodophor and followed by star Stan. I’m hoping that since everything that touches beer is inside the cleaning and sanitizing did will suffice. I’ll be doing another round of sanitizer before I rack any beer in it Saturday.

View attachment 23180 Started with a lower than expected OG, but US-05 got me a lower than projected FG, and delivered a 6.6% abv on this dark brown beverage.
This should be really nice in a couple weeks. I had 26 bottles, but the neck snapped on one while capping.

I bottled Janet's Brown Ale 11 days ago. Like Herm my OG was a little low and came out at 6.4%. I sampled a bottle after a week and, as expected, carbonation was a little low. Nothing another week of conditioning won't fix. Body was just a tad thin compared to last time but, that too was expected after missing OG by 7 points. Nice hop bitterness and aroma but, aroma was a little muted. Also something that may be improved in another week.

Last edited:
Periodically venting an extremely over carbed keg. Oops
Tell me about it. I think I have finally resolved my 2gal plastic budget kegs over the last few days but it has been tough going. Been soothing my pain with an Irish night after discovering an 18 month old 2 litre bottle of Irish Stout, followed by a few shots of Jameson's Whiskey and an Irish coffee then feet up with a movie. I just about feel okay now an hour before snooze time. Capping it off with some Cream Liquer whilst I do the dishes swaying gently from side to side. Yep the tree needs to go up early after the BS our politicians came up with this time last year. Whatever they come up with this time well it's already too late. [chuckle]

Trying to make room in the now cold beer fridge for the turkey (actually 2) I am getting ready to put on the smoker tonight. Fermenter is being sanitized for a hybrid Pumpkin Brown Ale, and I had to move the grain into my closet until tomorrow when I should have some room in the beer fridge.
I have a feeling I might be getting into the Juicy Pale Ale homebrew while the smoker gets fired up tonight.
Thanksgiving, a beach day, and a brew day in the same week. I won't bitch:)

Back