What are you doing with homebrew today?

Looks like you made a milk shake IPA. What was the hop load on this brew?
It's Herms Wheat I keg hopped it.
Musta stirred some stuff up pluss maybe some hop haze.
Not alot I'm sure 40g Azacca in the boil so 60g keg hopped...

Gotta say, it don't get much quicker than Rapier Wit. Start time 14:15, including time to bring the gear to the kitchen. End time 15:49, batch in the fermenter, everything cleaned and stowed. OG was 1.048, a few points higher than the recipe says, but I'll blame that on the wort being slightly warmer than 65F and the hydrometer being calibrated at 65F. Pitch temp at 69F after letting decanted yeast cake sit while I brewed. Dunno why I resist brewing up several batches of this at one time, other than the bottling hassles. That's a lotta bottles on 5 gallon batches. But, got another recipe to do next week which is an all-grain and will probably pick up another Rapier Wit kit and an Oatmeal Stout kit. Need to build the inventory back up, and the only way to do that is to keep brewing.. I'll do the all graijn stuff in the conical to get some of the husk dust out so it's a little cleaner, but the DME batches I'll just do in buckets. PITA to rack it to the bottling bucket without disturbing the yeast cake, but I've done it before. Might rack it the night before and let it settle overnight and bottle the next morning this time. See if that helps matters some.

Now to wait for the bucket to puke. That's a lotta yeast in that batch.

It's Herms Wheat I keg hopped it.
Musta stirred some stuff up pluss maybe some hop haze.
Not alot I'm sure 40g Azacca in the boil so 60g keg hopped...

I dry hopped a Tropical IPA with about that much and it is quite cloudy. (I'll try to remember to post a picture later). However, it's nowhere near as cloudy as yours. I've never brewed with that much wheat, but I wonder if the wheat contributed to the haze.

I dry hopped a Tropical IPA with about that much and it is quite cloudy. (I'll try to remember to post a picture later). However, it's nowhere near as cloudy as yours. I've never brewed with that much wheat, but I wonder if the wheat contributed to the haze.
Well see that pic in middle that was the beer before keg hop my experience and expectations are that by the weekend it'll be more reasonable not as murky :p

Next run I'll put the keg hop in the keg and use ferm gas to purge then close transfer in rekon this will work great

Crashing my English Ruby Ale. I am also going to let me Helles warm up a little. Its under pressure sitting at 56 F. Attenuation about 40%

2 cases of 12 ouncers is a lot?
Buy some bombers and you'll almost cut it in half!
Yeah, bombers knock out a little bit of the work, true. But I tend to drink more if I have bombers. Counting bottles lets me know how much I'm drinking. I try not to drink more than 3 bottles a day. 3 growlers is a lot more beer than 3 standard bottles, and not particularly good for me. I'm not a health freak, but I do try to mind my health while I also try to enjoy life. I know, "I only had ONE" could apply to a keg too, but too many empty bottles to store lets me know when to back off. I don't like the side effects of enjoying the products too much. :confused:

Ruby ale transferred. Needs time to condition. Sample was very promising. Some fruity esters, touch of roast and bitterness was good.
9A1D53BC-47CE-4FF7-952D-8459826273AC.jpeg

Today I consolidated my bottle collection into a moving box in preparation for moving to Eugene, Oregon. The bottom of the box contains 9 six packs of Sierra Nevada bottles that are clean inside, but need labels peeled. The top of the box holds 9 six packs of clean bottles, just waiting to be filled with homebrew. I’m hoping to brew the Q3 community brew using treated Eugene tap water in September, but shouldn’t let the cart get out ahead of the horse.

Sitting on the beach planning recipes. An amber lager sounds nice, maybe an India Brown Ale or a dry stout...
A Dry Stout, obviously. ;)

"India Brown Ale"? I'm assuming you tried the one from Dogfish Head. How'd you like it?

A Dry Stout, obviously. ;)

"India Brown Ale"? I'm assuming you tried the one from Dogfish Head. How'd you like it?
I like it! I brewed one last year that I want to revamp and redo. It got a big hit of Northern Brewer at the end of the boil that I didn't care for. Gonna try again with, Cluster, Citra, and Styrian Golding. Dogfish Head's has Amarillo I think. Sounds too citrusy to me

Back