What are you doing with homebrew today?

Transfering Herms Wheat
20220801_163643.jpg

And this Lady's and Gentlemen is a happy brewer
20220801_170637.jpg

Perfect transfer!
A thing of beauty in my eyes

Last edited:
Duly noted. I've heard rumors that it's a really bad idea to run cider in the same fermenter that one runs beer in, particularly if plastic? Anyone else hear of this and if so, why?
I've never heard this and am using fermenters for both.
Normally I throw apple juice on the yeast cake of a (just bottled) beer fora real easy cider

So my Ruby ale; English yeasts are fast. Since I used my fermonster to ferment it I wanted to keg it and catch the last few points to carbonate. Day 3 I transferred and put on a spunding valve. For about 2 days no pressure buildup. Moved to to a warmer area and got some new action.

I bottled everything drinkable to take on vacation next week. So now I'm brewing again to make sure I have some beer waiting for me when I get home. This is a SMaTH pale with Maris Otter, Calypso, and Azacca. Pressure fermented with Lutra per my usual summer fermentation process.

Contemplating brewing Murgy Straight today it's rainy here and boring so might get the kettle out.

Adjusted mill after efficiency issues turns out one side was a bit wider look at this crush nice whole husks lovely maybe issue sorted will mash and see:)
20220806_114136.jpg

Last edited:
@Herm I think I'm gunna keg hop that beer with the rest of the Azacca and maybe some simcoe I've got in the chamber hmmmm not enough hop presence for me.
20220806_160051.jpg

Whatcha think?

Edit ended up keg hopping the rest of the Azacca.
Will see how it tastes tomorrow I Must be craving hops lol.

After smelling the citra and Talus today I think that's what did it.

Last edited:
I should be planning to bottle my cider and set up a new batch. Probably again on the old yeast/hop cake. That would then be the 4th batch (I think. Losing count). Is there a limit to how many times I can do this? Yeast is M29 - saison
Last one (the one that is about ready for bottling) is in a different fermenter, so some of the trub was removed.

I should bottle my pils malt saison as well.

My excuse for dillydallying is that I want to re-use the saison cake/trub/yeast, but also use bry 97 and they need quite different temperatures..
I'll have a beer just now and will contemplate this a little more ;)

I should be planning to bottle my cider and set up a new batch. Probably again on the old yeast/hop cake. That would then be the 4th batch (I think. Losing count). Is there a limit to how many times I can do this? Yeast is M29 - saison
Last one (the one that is about ready for bottling) is in a different fermenter, so some of the trub was removed.

I should bottle my pils malt saison as well.

My excuse for dillydallying is that I want to re-use the saison cake/trub/yeast, but also use bry 97 and they need quite different temperatures..
I'll have a beer just now and will contemplate this a little more ;)

I'd just let the yeast do it's thing until efficiency drops off or you pick up a wierd flavor/smell.

I'd just let the yeast do it's thing until efficiency drops off or you pick up a wierd flavor/smell.
Yup that's what I do and drink your starter beer it'll taste weird being flat but you'll taste infection if there's one there like sour or medicinal or even peppery or prickly on the pallate or even if it just smells off to you were pretty good at smelling baddies I rekon maybe human evolution or something...

Back