What are you doing with homebrew today?

Brewed a batch of Shady Bohemian today, pitched it with WLP802 Budvar slurry...then thought about it and tossed in 11g of Mauribrew 497 along for the ride. Been using White Labs Budvar and Pilsen Lager(800) a bit lately and they haven't dropped like I would have liked. Don't think adding the 497 will hurt anything and I KNOW it will drop clear(Hopefully take the Budvar with it).

Not the prettiest transfer was going for a gravity sorta closed loop transfer but the dip tube on the kegmenter was clogged with hops n krausen :mad: so had to release pressure and push some gas down the liquid post.
20220406_192847.jpg

Anyhow I think my regulator well high pressure guage is playing up it shows pressure here.
20220406_193158.jpg

But as soon as I deliver gas that left guage drops straight away like I've got no gas left then rises back up.

Man at first inwas cussing pretty good think oh man that'd be right go to transfer this pilsner and I run outta bloody gas!
Then I take a look at the regulator and its back up.

I think I gotta take this bottle out the keezer because I rekon the cold or condensation is playing havoc on the guages.

Sample it's been sitting at 12c in the kegmenter for 3 weeks
Time to get this on some gas and carbing I'm not gunna bother to fine this.
20220406_194115.jpg

Last edited:
Well I'm cleaning up a mess today! (didn't have the heart to take pic's)
Brewed a nice batch of Mango Milkshake NEIPA, I don't brew in the winter, so this is batch two of the season.
But hit every number and was 9 points above FG! Got it all into my All Rounder and off into the fermentation chamber.
Day 2 I have a look ............... i put the pressure relief on the wrong post and drained it all over the shop floor!!! All of it :(
Just another learning experience I guess.

Brewed a nice batch of Mango Milkshake NEIPA, I don't brew in the winter, so this is batch two of the season.
But hit every number and was 9 points above FG! Got it all into my All Rounder and off into the fermentation chamber.
Day 2 I have a look ............... i put the pressure relief on the wrong post and drained it all over the shop floor!!! All of it :(

20_f.png
Nooooooooooo!!!

Holly Crap!
I've done that with the butterfly valve before but the beer don't flow through that no good.
Oh that sux Vallka

I am sorry to read about your misfortune. It is tales like this that make me leery of kegging. That and the fact that I don’t have room.

Wow the whole thing ? that sucks!

i got the brewery ready to mash a wit tonight. A 5.5G starter for an upcoming Belgian blond. Have to postpone till tomorrow due to work in the morning though.

Last edited:
I need to decide what to brew, and what yeast to use.
Then milling tomorrow, brewing on Sunday
At leasr that's the plan!

After a prolonged period of inactivity in my brewery, today I got busy. I have 2 beers in primary fermentation: an Azacca pale ale brewed on March 7; and an American stout brewed on March 28. Today, I added a big dry hops charge to the Azacca pale ale, dropping in 42 grams of Azacca and 14 grams of El Dorado. I bagged the hops, and plan to bottle this beer on Friday. I collected a sample from the American stout to check SG and to smell and taste what I have. Apparent attenuation is at 72% (1.014), which is right in the ballpark for the average attenuation of WLP051 yeast. The sample smelled great, and tasted quite roasty. The sample seemed a little thin in mouthfeel, at least compared to what I expected. I bet I should try to find a Deschutes Obsidian for comparison. I will probably try to get the stout bottled in a week or two - I am not in a hurry.

After a prolonged period of inactivity in my brewery, today I got busy. I have 2 beers in primary fermentation: an Azacca pale ale brewed on March 7; and an American stout brewed on March 28. Today, I added a big dry hops charge to the Azacca pale ale, dropping in 42 grams of Azacca and 14 grams of El Dorado. I bagged the hops, and plan to bottle this beer on Friday. I collected a sample from the American stout to check SG and to smell and taste what I have. Apparent attenuation is at 72% (1.014), which is right in the ballpark for the average attenuation of WLP051 yeast. The sample smelled great, and tasted quite roasty. The sample seemed a little thin in mouthfeel, at least compared to what I expected. I bet I should try to find a Deschutes Obsidian for comparison. I will probably try to get the stout bottled in a week or two - I am not in a hurry.
Nice, i can't wait to use some El Dorodo in an IPA. interested to hear how that turned out. The stout sounds good too. Maybe with a few more weeks the roast will rmellow a bit and allow the other malts to come through.

The wort was really balanced, now that it’s mostly fermented the bergamot hop is shining through a bit much. A few weeks probably to mellow out a bit. Getting some nice Belgian notes from the Trappist ale yeast though.
*Wit has really brightened up since going into fermenter. looking good
**Really love the sample valve on the conical! its pretty much my sight glass and tasting port.

CD8FB992-D666-40B1-BA50-CE64DE3F15AF.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm almost out of home brew :(
Gotta get my act together.
Serious brewing planned for the Easter weekend. Still small brews, but would like to get all my fermenters going. Currently looking at options, soon to appear in the "help with recipe" sectiono_O

Back