Want to brew an oyster stout

Haha I think I'd get kicked out if I picked this for the community brew :D
Completely disagree (though I know you are only joking). That’s what the community recipe is all about! Heck, if you get picked and choose a different beer, I’m brewing the Oyster Stout (sic) regardless! :p

Cheers.

Haha I think I'd get kicked out if I picked this for the community brew :D
At first thought, I was not on board, but after the discussions around it I became intrigued.
I could definitely see this as something the community would embrace.
Maybe even giving oyster substitutes if anyone just couldn't handle it.
Mainly I love the creativity,
Thanks Sunfire!

At first thought, I was not on board, but after the discussions around it I became intrigued.
I could definitely see this as something the community would embrace.
Mainly I love the creativity,
Thanks Sunfire!
Appreciate you calling me creative, but again this is a historic style of beer :) started over a hundred years ago in Ireland, along with Oatmeal stouts and milk stouts. Oysters were commonly paired with stout; Guinness had a whole ad campaign about it :D

I am wondering about exactly that. Not a fan of oysters - slurped down a raw one many many years ago and nearly threw up. And this is from a raw clam eater. But that was more a texture thing - there was no flavor that I can recall.

Just shells? Some other mollusk? Haggis? Dunno.

I am wondering about exactly that. Not a fan of oysters - slurped down a raw one many many years ago and nearly threw up. And this is from a raw clam eater. But that was more a texture thing - there was no flavor that I can recall.

Just shells? Some other mollusk? Haggis? Dunno.
I think just shells would work. That's what most recipes that I found use

I think just shells would work. That's what most recipes that I found use
As long as I don't have to eat them (the shells) I could do that.

Now to find a local source of oysters.

Back