US 05 Issues

Separate - I pour directly from the kettle, using a funnel with the glass carboys. With the Speidel, I pour straight. I love symmetry.

Last edited:
Finished at 1.009.
Pretty clear for kegging Thursday. Clean tasting.
If any negative it would be maybe lacking hop aroma but not bad considering the weird fermentation.

Attachments

• 20200822_115801.jpg
    20200822_115801.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 100
Yeasts work at their own pace. You can encourage them by providing good food and a good environment, or not. Remember that you have no idea of what a packet of yeast was subjected to before you took possession of it. Only you know how it was treated since.

I have heard that beer sitting on yeast to loge can give the beer a yeast flavor, much more so on large batches. If true, Wouldnt fermenting at pressure greatly increase the likely hood of this happening?

I have heard that beer sitting on yeast to loge can give the beer a yeast flavor, much more so on large batches. If true, Wouldnt fermenting at pressure greatly increase the likely hood of this happening?
One of the questions I have wanted to ask...

Generally not a worry at the homebrew level, but autolysis can still occur. Common contributors to autolysis are insufficient oxygen in the wort causing poor cell wall structure and high fermentation temperatures. Healthy yeast cells are much less prone to autolysis.

As for fermenting under pressure, the pressure in bottle conditioned beers, aged for several months, or even years, doesn't appear to be a problem. Why would it be a problem in the fermenter?

Back