Tun Substitute

I don't have room to store a mash tun so I have been looking for a substitute to fit in with my single-pot brewing where I plan on going all grain.

Has anyone used a sous-vide in a pot in place of a separate tun? or any thoughts on how this may or may not be effective?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/chefma...ffcode=pg271606&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2
Sous Vide could work but I think your best bet might be BIAB - you still have to separate the liquid from the grains somehow!. Lots of people in here more expert on that than me around here....

Sous Vide could work but I think your best bet might be BIAB - you still have to separate the liquid from the grains somehow!. Lots of people in here more expert on that than me around here....

I was planning on BIABasket- do I not need to mash for the same amount of time as traditional? The sous vide was to hold the temperature at whatever setting I chosose

I was planning on BIABasket- do I not need to mash for the same amount of time as traditional? The sous vide was to hold the temperature at whatever setting I chosose
Times stay the same. And yes, I use my sous vide cooker for the same reason. Just be sure to use a thinner than normal mash.

Back