Trialbens Keezer Build.

It is! Both of your guys’ Keezer builds look great. Question is... who’s gonna finish first?

It is! Both of your guys’ Keezer builds look great. Question is... who’s gonna finish first?
Not me that's why I'm making sure I can pour a beer from it and ride me over whilst I'm building it. I must say I'm using 4mm ID lines on this keezer I cut a line length of 3.5 m and its pouring nice and slow now probably a 6 second schooner pour.

But Thunderwagon is living up to his name and making like lightning all thunder and lightning hes a thirsty man on a mission :p:D!

Haha, well mine may be completed quicker, but my build was super basic. Yours will be much, much nicer! My freezer is old, and my space is in the basement. Add that we live far enough out of town that we don't see many visitors, the only ones really partaking is me, my wife and daughter. Possibly my teenage twin boys (17) when we're not looking lol. So I don't really need much. That said, when this freeze dies, I will probably put forth quite a bit more effort. I've already learned a few things doing what I did. There will be changes for sure!
Yours is well thought out and looks very nice so far. I look forward to seeing your end results. You seem to get along well with wood.

Haha, well mine may be completed quicker, but my build was super basic. Yours will be much, much nicer! My freezer is old, and my space is in the basement. Add that we live far enough out of town that we don't see many visitors, the only ones really partaking is me, my wife and daughter. Possibly my teenage twin boys (17) when we're not looking lol. So I don't really need much. That said, when this freeze dies, I will probably put forth quite a bit more effort. I've already learned a few things doing what I did. There will be changes for sure!
Yours is well thought out and looks very nice so far. I look forward to seeing your end results. You seem to get along well with wood.
I've had a few drunken arguments over wood believe it or not:oops: what's not to love about it! Funny enough I've been trained more in metal work than with timber. I find metal has its place for sure but it's cold and lifeless except for them finer metals like gold and silver. Timber is so much more hands on it was once a living thing and you can shape it and bring it to life with a few coats of varnish.
But I do like with metal if it dont quite fit give it a belt with the hammer to bring it Into line.:)

Got some more stuff for me keezer build today. My drop tray all shiny stainless. Also got some shot shanks for my taps but check it out it's a push fitting type so all you gotta do is push the push fitting onto the end of the shank barb then push the beer line into the fitting give it a pull and hey presto no cursing trying to push that beer line on that tight barb! Yay:rolleyes: beer leaks I'll let ya know...
20190603_163346.jpg

Anyone else use these what's ya thoughts?
20190603_163407.jpg
heres a pick of the tray and bits and Bob's I got a gas valve but too big but recon i can use it on the kettle somewhere its 1/2 inch thought i order 5/16 I dont work in that scale as you can see...

And finally got some panals made up and coated with epoxy. I learnt the trick to getting it on quick a foam roller I dont get a bad ripple this way and can just smooth out the bubbles using the foam brush lightly run with the grain over the top. Check out that lovely timber boys and girls:).
20190603_162752.jpg

The min orb sheeting will just screw in behind these in the rebait I allowed for it. Then I just stick the panels where they go on the frame.
Them two closest above or doors the one at the back goes in front of freezer.
20190603_162813.jpg

This is one of the end panals.
I'll repeat process for the top half of the cabinet but I'll use ply sheeting as the inset not steel. You'll see what I mean eventually;).

Can't wait to see those frames installed, shinny parts look good.

Well I'm a slacker ha ha! It took me a trip to the brew store to no avail to try and find an o ring to seal the top of two of my intertaps he didnt have any. Everytime I take these suckers apart I always have a bugger of a time getting them to seal up nice and tight. Anyhow their all sorted. Taps are all in keezer is officially open for guzzling!
20190604_152911.jpg

Ok maybe I didnt get it fitted but heres a preview:D.
20190604_160714.jpg

Just gotta get the grinder out and make it fit I think the neighbors would like it if I do this tomorrow whilst there out...
Oh and for the record this is turning out to be a bit of an exy project so much for me convincing the missus that it would be cheaper for me to build my own I'm not keeping count but I know she is lol:rolleyes:.
Its custom made though cant get that at kegking:)!

Last edited:
I'm loving the build! Jealous I can't have something this big around my house. My small shed will do!

Can I ask what size push fittings you're using on the shanks? I'm thinking this may be better than what I have planned.

I'm loving the build! Jealous I can't have something this big around my house. My small shed will do!

Can I ask what size push fittings you're using on the shanks? I'm thinking this may be better than what I have planned.
Cheers mate could say the same thing about your brew shes build:p!
Right so had a look at that order you need a compatible shank barb to accept the compression fitting. Part I got is "intertap duotight compatible short shank" and other compression fitting is a " 6.5mm-8mm reducer most likely other way around 8mm to barb tail 6.5mm to od 6mm beer line. It says 1/4"-5/16" in imperial.

Hope that makes sense :rolleyes:o_O

We need an update.
There's been a strike... I went back to work:).
I've not done much more since that last photo except drink from it:D!

I'm mustering up the energy to get more done I've had a flu but I assure you it will get done l. Rome wasn't built in a day neither was Ben's Bar Lol :).

Yeah I tapped that two tap font tower to the lid just front of center and done a test on how much clearence I'll need from the wall about a foot it seams.
This was progress yesterday eve epoxy glowing on a hardwood plank to my bar top to give it extra clearence to it overhangs the lid then I'll glue some timber strips front and back underneath to use to screw into the freezer lid.View attachment 6041
I'm glad I built that Kayak years back discovering epoxy was a God send for timber work that stuff is as strong as timber. On the tests I did with that glue often the timber broke rather than the joint that butt joint is the weakest joint though.

Hope it's not too late for this. I got tired of looking up into the tower to be sure which beverage line was which. When I put my second keezer together I drilled a separate hole for each of the three lines. Now I can see which is which at a glance.

Hope it's not too late for this. I got tired of looking up into the tower to be sure which beverage line was which. When I put my second keezer together I drilled a separate hole for each of the three lines. Now I can see which is which at a glance.
Yeah my black disconnects on the keg ends are marked L C and R so I know where each line goes lucky I've only got 3 serving lines couldn't imagine more it'd be a nightmare knowing which is where sorta luck of the draw at the taps end:p!

Great idea. I built my second keezer before I had cataract surgery, so reading labels didn't work well for me. We do what we gotta do:)

Yeah my black disconnects on the keg ends are marked L C and R so I know where each line goes lucky I've only got 3 serving lines couldn't imagine more it'd be a nightmare knowing which is where sorta luck of the draw at the taps end:p!
Same here.
Get well soon and back to work on the keezer with all your spare:rolleyes: time.

Back