Trialbens Glycol Build.

View attachment 15990 View attachment 15991 @Trialben You might want to check these out. I just got these installed on my system. Excellent hose disconnects for the chilled water supply. Should work well with glycol. Very cheap and work well. Not sure who the down-under supplier would be.
I use those too! You can even get ones with shut off valves built-in. Although those are not so cheap

Ah bugger @Bubba Wade awesome site mate but shipping to Aus is $55 more than the price of 8 of them female and male disconnects.
Pity good quality product to it looks

I just checked @Minbari link
20210601_054416.jpg

Cool connectors though I'll have a look around.
I was originally thinking a 1/2 threaded tap shank and a 1/2 female hose barb each end ...

This is what I used previously. Picked it up from the local hardware store. Two garden hose to tubing adapters with a female/female garden hose coupler. It worked well, but was exactly quick.
4FB7DE17-C5CC-43EA-AE25-DDB030D92966.jpeg

1/4 ntp quick disconnects work good too

I think I've had the solution sitting here all along. I've gotta shorten the glycol coil down to fit my kegmentor I'll have plenty of stainless tube to push through the collar on the freezer then it's just a matter of pushing the hose onto the ends of the stainless tubing and or kegland do push on bulkheads with 1/2 inch bsb male threads so I can hook something onto them.

I'll keep it simple to start off with get it up and running then add in maybe even camlocks.

Good idea Ben. Hose clamps are cheap and reliable, eventually you can move up to quick disconnects.
Surely there are industrial distributors who sell QD fittings of some type or another. Hell even garden hose QDs could be used in a pinch, as could compressed air fittings.

Good idea Ben. Hose clamps are cheap and reliable, eventually you can move up to quick disconnects.
Surely there are industrial distributors who sell QD fittings of some type or another. Hell even garden hose QDs could be used in a pinch, as could compressed air fittings.
Yeah kegland sell stainless camlock fittings for less than $5 a pop I'll go this route I think;)

Getting back on this again lol sorry for the hiatus Dam Life Work wife Kid keeps getting in the road:oops::D.

Maybe maybe I might be able to squeeze some time/blood out and get this done the imposing heat that I'm starting to feel out on the patio is helping too it sucks ambients are starting to climb as well as high temps...

I could keep 20-23c pretty easily now I know that ain't the case more like 25+c no matter how much pressure I put on that I'm not comfortable with that accept with Kviek/Saison.

The glycol pump that I want to run is 12v 20watt so i ordered a 12v 120watt power supply yesterday along with a 12v STC to switch the pump on and off but i forgot my heat belt is 240v 30watt.

Now I'm thinking oh no dramas I'll just run 12v 240v relay on the heat side of the stc to switch the belt on. Thatll work right people?
Heat belt will be more for winter fermentations.

Also I'm looking to get some air circulation going in the freezer and saw these 12v blowers on Ebay there are fans too but thought I'd ask if anyone's using them in their keezers or such?
Will use the 12v power supply to power the fans and such.

Everything else is as outlined originally.
Hoping to get a collar sorted soon then frame up the freezer similar to my keezer cabinet but scaled down .

Link to blower maybe hook two of these up opposite ends to get some vortex thing going...
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/304036965326?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160908105057&meid=aefa91e277294a16be9224dd0e024f7d&pid=100675&rk=2&rkt=15&sd=113910059390&itm=304036965326&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:ef8c9800-26fe-11ec-905f-2af41efd2c83|parentrq:57fbcd4517c0a7b0c5bb8969fff5ad6b|iid:1

Now I'm thinking oh no dramas I'll just run 12v 240v relay on the heat side of the stc to switch the belt on. Thatll work right people?
Yes, using 12 V to switch your mains power is fine, just be sure to do it safely, meaning insulate and enclose all mains power.

Yes, using 12 V to switch your mains power is fine, just be sure to do it safely, meaning insulate and enclose all mains power.
Cheers Don I'm always about safety you've seen my handiwork when it comes to electrics:D

That is how I do it. 12vdc on the PID switches relays to turn on the 120vac pump and heater.
Also make sure the relay contacts are rated for the current.

That is how I do it. 12vdc on the PID switches relays to turn on the 120vac pump and heater.
Also make sure the relay contacts are rated for the current.
Was thinking of using a SSR:D not overkill is it:rolleyes:?

Back