Total Newbie - Looking at equipment

If you're not in Australia, you won't be able to purchase their ingredient kits. You'll also need to either bottle or keg the end product, which will require some knowledge and additional equipment. Any warranty or support issues could be problematic if shipping was involved. Without going into any other issues, these points would dissuade me from considering this system.
Hi, guys, recently I found out about this product... do you think it would be a good choice for a beginner to start with?

BeerDroid Fully Automated Brewing System

I have read good reviews of the product. The question is 1) are refills readily available and do they have they styles you like and 2) is the convenience worth the trade-off of being able to modify your recipes and buy bulk ingredients.

If so, go for it. If not, you may want to consider a more traditional brewing setup.

Last edited:
Welcome to the world of home brewing! I started out with extract with a beginners kit from Northern brewer that my wife bought me. I still sometimes will make an extract beer, Mostly my Black IPA. I now mostly do BIAB for the convenience of not having all of the other equipment. A kettle (10gal), extra large grain bags, and some buckets and tubing. Oh yeah a burner to get the stuff boiling

Back