Tip for Mounting Regulators

vthokiedsp

Trial Member
Reaction score
I see a fair number of posts asking how best to mount regulators within a traditional kegerator. Typical responses usually consist of cautionary tales of being sure of drilling locations and finding out where the coolant lines run, etc etc.

Well, I'm happy to share that you don't need to drill. Most regulators have metal tabs or flanges for screwing the regulators to a flat surface. These tabs/flanges are also large enough to mount the velcro adhesive tabs (e.g. Command large picture framing strips). Cut the strips slightly oversized to fit on the back of the tabs/flanges. Be sure to make sure the tabs/flanges are clean and dry. Likewise for where you want to mount in your kegerator. Since the door is open while you're doing this and it's likely cold in there, be sure to have a dry towel on hand to frequently keep the wall surface dry prior to placing your regulators.

Regulators are heavy so i went with the largest strips that i could fit on the tabs/flanges and the poundage seemed appropriate for my TWO secondary regulators (in series). 4 months into pretty standard to heavy usage (turning dials, pulling on hoses, etc) and they're still incredibly well secured.

Put down the drill!

Last edited:
Great piece of advice! Thanks!

Every regulator I've had is a solid mount to the CO2 cylinder via the connection fitting. What kind of regulator are you talking about? Or, do you mean manifold/distributor?
Regulator.jpg

Yeah my regulator is attached to the tank and no amount of velcro is holding a 10lb CO2 tank to the wall.

I see a fair number of posts asking how best to mount regulators within a traditional kegerator. Typical responses usually consist of cautionary tales of being sure of drilling locations and finding out where the coolant lines run, etc etc.

Well, I'm happy to share that you don't need to drill. Most regulators have metal tabs or flanges for screwing the regulators to a flat surface. These tabs/flanges are also large enough to mount the velcro adhesive tabs (e.g. Command large picture framing strips). Cut the strips slightly oversized to fit on the back of the tabs/flanges. Be sure to make sure the tabs/flanges are clean and dry. Likewise for where you want to mount in your kegerator. Since the door is open while you're doing this and it's likely cold in there, be sure to have a dry towel on hand to frequently keep the wall surface dry prior to placing your regulators.

Regulators are heavy so i went with the largest strips that i could fit on the tabs/flanges and the poundage seemed appropriate for my TWO secondary regulators (in series). 4 months into pretty standard to heavy usage (turning dials, pulling on hoses, etc) and they're still incredibly well secured.

Put down the drill!
Ok, you have our attention. How about some pics? ;):)

Yeah my regulator is attached to the tank and no amount of velcro is holding a 10lb CO2 tank to the wall.
I have the tank mounted regulator outside of the fridge set at 50PSI, inside I have a manifold with two regulators. This is so I can have one at serving pressure, and the other at a higher pressure for force carbing. I can also adjust them for individual serving pressures.

Back