Think I should have used a blow-off tube! Help defuse the bomb!

Coaches are Muke Keenan, and Scotty Bowman!
Who's Muke Keenan? He related to Mike?
Chicago didn't know what they had. I understand they already had Eddie Belfour but they traded arguably the greatest goalie ever for peanuts. 6 Vezinas and 2 Harts, Belfour might also be a HOFer but I don't think he has half the hardware. Hasek also has the Olympic gold...

Update:
I bottled Wednesday and got 40 bottles which is still a little less than I'd like out of 5 gallons but it's 1 more than my last batch. Don't know if I would have had significantly more beer to bottle if it hadn't exploded or not. Got significantly less sediment transferred into my bottling bucket than last time. Bagging my hops this time definitely helped on that front. Don't know where I saw somebody say it really doesn't matter but I don't think I'll ever not bag my hops again.

It's been a long time since I bottled but 40 doesn't sound that horrible. I think I typically got 48 maybe? I know if you ferment with the bucket tilted, you can pull a bit more off. Having a spigot helps a little also. Another thing that helps is using a dip tube in your bottling bucket. It will cut down what is left behind as it will pretty much suck down to the very bottom of the bucket, especially if you tilt it towards the spigot. You'll get everything but maybe a couple oz.

It should. I use it when boiling starter wort and don't have a problem on the stir plate like I used to.
You guys that use fermcap S, how much are you using? 1st time using it today and suggested dose is 2 drops per gallon. Does that sound about right? I'll be adding it to the boil, so I should have close to 7 gallons. Does 14 drops sound excessive?

Sounds about right. It's food grade silicone so if you get too much of it, it won't hurt.

That's about what I do, 1-2 drops per gallon, I usually end up in the 10-14 range but I'm not sure how big each drop is.

Back