The Perfect Brewer's Apron?

blackcats

Trial Member
Reaction score
Okay folks. I need your help.

Father's Day is coming up and I am going to make my hubby (he's been brewing for over 20 years) the ULTIMATE brewer's apron. Well, I hope it is the "ultimate". lol
more: mỹ đình plaza 2
No worries. I'm a seamstress. That part will be easy.

WHAT MAKES THE PERFECT BREWER'S APRON?
What pockets should it have?
What do y'all like to have handy, that should be able to be attached to the apron?
Would you want a place for a pen? A thermometer? A rag?
Details will make this perfect.
more: mua chung cư iris garden
I'm making it out of Carhart fabric so it'll be sturdy but washable.

Okay, let me have it! What details would you add to make it YOUR perfect brewing apron?
more: chung cu athena fulland
Thanks so much!!!!

Last edited:
The only piece of equipment I use from beginning to the end of a brewday is a long handled plastic spoon. I use it to mix the HLT water to assure an accurate strike water temp, during the mash to eliminate "dough balls", and during the boil after additions to minimize and keep boil overs at bay. All other tools that are used during my brewday are specific to a step. And I really don't have a place that I'd want the long handled spoon on an apron.

Great idea for your hubby, and good luck. I just can't think of anything that a pocket for it on an apron would make the brewday anymore convenient.

Hopefully others will reply with something better than what I have come up with...

If your husband is lucky enough to have a very cool, all electric system that's pretty much hands-off during the brewing process, he won't need much. Most of us have systems that require a lot of monitoring, tweaks and manipulation while in use. Here are the things I use and that I'm constantly misplacing right when I need them most on brew day:
long spoon
digital thermometer
lighter
1/4" nut driver (hose clamps)
pliers or crescent wrench (water hose connections on chiller plate)

I need a pen pocket, plus a couple of really big ones at waist level to put whatever junk I can't put down at the time in. Padding is good, as some of our equipment (at least mine) is glass.

To bad all the links are spam.

Surprise surprise. :rolleyes:

The weird thing is there are two different accounts posting those links in otherwise normal looking posts...

Back