The cure for our first world problems......

I remember doing a few batches in the 80s, pre-internet and pre-software but I was just following printed instructions and opening cans of extract. I do remember having a basic brewing book with lots of calculations in it and some brewers still do the math and build recipes the old-fashioned way.
I'll take modern techonology. :D :D

I remember doing a few batches in the 80s, pre-internet and pre-software but I was just following printed instructions and opening cans of extract. I do remember having a basic brewing book with lots of calculations in it and some brewers still do the math and build recipes the old-fashioned way.
I'll take modern techonology. :D :D
We started in 2010 and did a few kits then started looking for software to simplify recipe making. Without sites such as BF I would probably still be using kits or drinking some weird beer. Ditto technology:D:D.

Yea, I remember using separate calculators for everything. It would take an hour just to figure it all out. A screen for the funnel and a racking cane were the fancy gadgets then :)

retail therapy!

https://www.zdnet.com/article/gadgets-every-homebrewer-needs/

This showed up in my Google News feed this morning; I gotta admit....not only did I have a couple of these gadgets but it really pushes me further into my favorite nagging question, how did the old timers do it?
I saw the article - almost amusing. Most of the stuff, a well-equipped brewery will have and the rest it likely won't need. Baseline: You can do without any of those items, a hydrometer measures gravity just fine, you can shake a starter. Looked like marketing to me.

Back