Stone and Wood pale ale

So checked gravity this arvo it came in at 1.014 so a couple of points left and she's done I'll bump ber up to 19c and dry hop tomorrow evening 30g Galaxy.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 107
Works hard doesn't it , what's it tasting like ?
Yea it tastes on the money I think so far. It doesn't have a aroma of Stone and Wood Pacific Ale but hopefully the 30g Galaxy charge should fix this. Hey I checked my fast ferment flask again now and it's sitting at 1.008 that yeast floculates well too that flask is pretty clear.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    527.3 KB · Views: 156
Good reason I keep using it mate , works well for ESB as well
Expect my batch should be around 1.009 tonight , kegging Wednesday night all going to plan and fast carb it for easter

Ok so I've garnered some fresh recipe info from my local ten toes brew dude on the stone and wood style. His first comments were there are many better beers on the craft beer market after I asked him if he's tried to replicate it at his small brewery. He said there are no Bittering hops just whirlpool then dry hop the heck out of it! Once at ferment temp then at 8c and last addition at 4co_O I've never herd of cold dry hopping has anyone else's? Plus he said there are two hops in this brew not just Galaxy but Nelson Sauvin as well. So it looks like I'll be brewing this one again with a refined recipe:p.

Well I burst carbed that keg today and am greedily sampling some fresh brew liquor from this keg. Tastes pretty good so far hops are a little clingy but I'm sure time will meld this. It's fresh and crisp it's got good mouthfeel head isn't as impressive as I thought but keep in mind this was kegged this morning less than 8 hours ago:D.

But how cool is that photo! Like its a heavenly brew sent down to mankind to imbibe in:p beer comercial adds would love this angle lol. Cheers

Oh she Finnished at 1.010 as per recipe specks 80% attenuation.

I'll do a side by side snap with the real deal next;).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 145
Alrighty here she is my version of stone amd wood pale ale. Colour and haze spot one easy piezy. Taste not so much mouthfeel is about right hops jut a little shy maybe two dry hop additions next time or a bigger whirlpool addition i need more fruitiness/juicness to it one dry hop then a keg hop maybe? But a nice guzzler of a beer nice haze keeping from coopers yeast its cleaned up nicely. Thanks for keeping an eye on this one. Will try nelson sauvin and galaxy next time as per ten toes brew dude. Cheers all

Attachments

• 20170424_184751.jpg
    20170424_184751.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 130

Back