Slow News Day

jeffpn

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
C'mon, let's hear some chatter out there!! :D

Okay, I'll start. I've got a nut brown brewing out front, and a pork butt getting some smoker time out back. Yup, it's a good day!!

Just got back from a wedding reception where i supplied the beer, funny thing when you say free home brew to a hundred people and see what happens, took 30 gallons and in 4 hours was down to 2.5 gallons, I would say they were a really happy wedding party lol

Nice!

You guys have seen plenty of pictures of homebrewing. Here's my smoked pig butt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,188
jeffpn said:
Nice!

You guys have seen plenty of pictures of homebrewing. Here's my smoked pig butt.

Recipe?

I love BBQ pork, but I'm in a beef region so if I do pork I also have to do beef. It's nuts.

You'd have to ask my daughter. She made the brine out of apple juice, soy sauce, salt, brown sugar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, sage, oregano, thyme, and cilantro. Seems like every time we do this, we grab on hand ingredients, and never write it down. It was brined over night in the same freezer as one of my batches of lager. The rest of the pork will be pulled and mixed with bbq sauce for sandwiches.

Odd coincidence. Not brewing today but look what I did.... This was mid cook..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 1,159
You even have the food safety thermometer! Good job!

Back