Show your DIY Projects

Very nice... beautiful wood trim

Got my Brewery sink done. I hope to replicate this same idea and incorporate it into a keezer build do the timber bench top ontop of the freezer lid with a font or two and clad it with timber and mini Orb time will tell:).

Very clean looking... nice job... would you post a pic of the back side showing how you attached the hinges?
I built my own keezer
just finished it yesterday... Still needs drip trays though.

@Trialben @oliver nice work by both of you. Sink and cabinet look great, and so does that keezer!. I really like the all white, nice and clean look!

Nice work @oliver how many kegs can you get in there? That looks very similar to my ferm freezer. I cant wait to move to a keezer from my keggerator just swapping empty kegs in and out can be a hastle if the empty keg is at the back of the front too (sediment gets disturbed). Also gas and liquid lines get all tangled up should be easier with a top down operation to keep track of which line goes where. Any Ideas how to keep them gas lines up out the way maybe clip them to the lid on a short run?

I brew 2.5 gallon batches, so I have it set up to fit 4 stackable Torpedo 2.6 gal kegs, there's room for a fifth if I want another tap on there.

here's the back side, I just drilled some pilots into the collar and then wood screws straight in. The 3 screws on both hinges, 6 total, it's very sturdy.

img_2387.jpg

Homebrewers, I'm still new to the homebrew scene and I need some advice. For a fermentor, I found a old used Frigidaire freezer that still works great, changed out the thermostat to a Johnson Controls one and it kept my temp between 66 and 70 through the summer without any problems. Now that it's winter, however, the ambient temp in my garage is about 40 and it's only going to drop more. Do any of you know if I can use a reversing valve, or electric heater etc to keep the temp from dropping below my ferment temp? Boss lady won't let me keep the freezer inside the house.

I use a 100W light bulb in a 1 gallon paint can

so Ill elaborate I have one of these and I hook the light which clips to the top of my chamber and plugs into the hot side of this outlet the freezer motor to the cool, the inkbird regulates which one turns on

61mmRr2ta8L._AC_UL115_.jpg

so Ill elaborate I have one of these and I hook the light which clips to the top of my chamber and plugs into the hot side of this outlet the freezer motor to the cool, the inkbird regulates which one turns on

View attachment 4307
yes pretty much the same thing, this system works very well for me.

That was my most recent upgrade, the inkbird controller and a wrap around heater, with a thermowell. Keeps the temp +/- 1 degree. It isn't the air temperature in the fermenter that matters, it is the temperature of the wort.

Thanks for the input. I like the idea of a light bulb, but didn't like the idea of exposing the wort to that much light. I opted for 2 fermwrap wrap around heaters. I'm going to stick them onto the inside walls of the freezer and connect them to a thermostat that will turn them on when the ambient temp reaches 65 or below. I figure 80 watts of heat should heat the freezer up enough to keep it nice and ferment stable.

To provide heat, I've taped a Fermwrap to the inside of my fermenting refrigerator. Using the Inkbird two-stage controller, works like a champ, even when the basement temperature drops below the temp I want for fermentation. Bonus: No light. Incandescent light bulbs shouldn't skunk a beer but I don't want to take the chance.

Because I am dumb, I broke a donated mini-fridge that I was going to use as a fermentation chamber, controlled by an stc-1000. I used the stc with my kegerator (full size fridge) with a 60W light bulb in a paint can for a heater, and it worked really well to maintain a 64'F ferm temp in a garage that has overnight lows in the 30's....

Good morning and Happy Turkey day. So I decided to roll with Nosybear's set up and it's working awesome. I spliced the power wire for the Inkbird directly to the power for the freezer and spliced the two fermwraps together so they both plug in to the Heater outlet with one plug. It's holding at 64 to 67. The only issue I see is the electrical tape is not holding so I think I'm going to use some Gorilla tape instead. I'm going to make my first Russian Imperial tomorrow so I'll keep an eye on the actual carboy thermometer to make sure it's actually fermenting at the right temp and adjust accordingly. Thanks for the help everyone.
20181122_111402.jpg

Good morning and Happy Turkey day. So I decided to roll with Nosybear's set up and it's working awesome. I spliced the power wire for the Inkbird directly to the power for the freezer and spliced the two fermwraps together so they both plug in to the Heater outlet with one plug. It's holding at 64 to 67. The only issue I see is the electrical tape is not holding so I think I'm going to use some Gorilla tape instead. I'm going to make my first Russian Imperial tomorrow so I'll keep an eye on the actual carboy thermometer to make sure it's actually fermenting at the right temp and adjust accordingly. Thanks for the help everyone.View attachment 4356
Duct tape. Works like a champ!

Back