Show your DIY Projects

Hay one more thing, yes I'm thinking of getting a freezer for fermentation how do you go about lifting and moving fermentor in and out your chest freezer your back would get a good work out? Including kegs how do you go about making this easier or is it no drama and I should harden up:oops:

Classic I'm thinking ahead either that or brew smaller batches:p bending over at 90 degrees lifting 20 or more kgs has gotta put some strain on ya poople valve:D

If I remember correctly Larry Brewer built a hoist to get em in and out of the Keezer. It's posted in the blog on this site.
"Lifting carboys and kegs with a pulley in the brew shed."

Yup, thanks OMB. Computers and programing are not one of my hobbies.:confused:

Picking this up for 50 this arvo looks like I'll soon find out how strong my back is:eek::). I'm looking forward to finally being able to cold crash before Kegging !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    18 KB · Views: 259
Well there she is all set up in the shed chilling down me latest batch of beer. It sure beats that wine fridge. I'm just wondering about temperature swings with freezer meaning upon fermentation will it be switching on and off all the time? What's been people's experiences when fermenting in freezer?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 243
Well there she is all set up in the shed chilling down me latest batch of beer. It sure beats that wine fridge. I'm just wondering about temperature swings with freezer meaning upon fermentation will it be switching on and off all the time? What's been people's experiences when fermenting in freezer?
My ferm chamber freezer is a very stable way to control fermentation temperature. I use a well to put my probe in, so the well is immersed in my wort. If you do it that way and you don't use fermwrap, your beer will continue to chill after the freezer shuts off. That's some cold air in there! My controller has a 0.3°C (yes I said Celsius :p) variance, and it really doesn't stray far from that, maybe half a degree from the set point?

Cheers jeffpn I've found so far it drops the temperature way quicker than my wine fridge but then it takes a little while for the inside fermentor temperature to reach equilibrium. Yea these freezers for fermentation are the bomb

Works in progress....
2 separate heat / cooled chambers, chiller, stirplate, false bottom and beer gun. Small projects but entertains me at least!

Attachments

• Collage of DIY 2.png
    Collage of DIY 2.png
    787.7 KB · Views: 421
I like your beer gun great work and you've simplified it good idea having separate lines for each both in the bottle.

There is a 3rd line with a check valve (wine bottle filler) for bleeding the pressure / filling the bottle that you can't see as well.

Decided to take the beer gun a step further - beer and growler filler...

Attachments

• Beerfiller.png
    Beerfiller.png
    780.2 KB · Views: 379
Oh no way now your just showing off lol:D. You sure you don't work at NASA

Back