Show Us Your Gear!

Well I couldn't resist it. There was another fridge (as it turned out) the same make as the Fermentation Fridge I already had on Gumtree site going for £0 and only 2 miles away. So off I went to pick it up Saturday morning. My plan was to rip the guts out of the fridge and build a box out of 50mm Celotex insulation panels and create a new fridge in the racking.
When I got to the house there was a tall fridge waiting in the lady's garage. OK so now I was going to have to find space for the new fridge in the garage - not what I had planned. Still it was free so no problem. I already had a spare STC100 controller just waiting to be used and that cost me £14 from Amazon.
After getting home I set too to wash it all out, dump the salad crisper drawer and the glass shelves and fix the door hinge that was a bit loose. Eventually, after drilling hols and doing the wiring. Voial! My new Fermentation Fridge is born. All for £14 ($20).
View attachment 15318 Hacking holes in the door and wiring in the heater.
View attachment 15319Wiring done and shelves fitted. Holes to be finished.
View attachment 15320 All done. Now to move it.
View attachment 15321 In place and under test. Brigitte says I have too much stuff. I disagree....
Score that's how it's done!

La construí hace 12 años tiene chaqueta de enfriamiento por la que circulo agua a 5 C
y con la bomba haciendo el whirpool logro enfriar el mosto sin riesgo a contaminación
Cuenta con control PID para evitar sobrecalentado o caramelizado del azúcar del mosto
durante el hervido ya que al ser eléctrico las resistencias en un sistema on off su temperatura llega a 140 C o mas.
Capacidad de 75L totales.
Espero les guste los detalles en cobre. (cuestan mucho limpiarlos)
Cuando no lo use tanto pienso abrillantar el cobre y darle una cobertura y protección con epoxi

20220411_185905.jpg

There was a post here somewhere that talked about how much CO2 was produces brewing beer. I did not do a very good job of capturing all the gas but you can get the idea from this video.

The first bag is a 13 gallon bag tand the two black bags are 30 gallon bags.

I heard the Germans following the reinheitzgabot(sp?) have to capture and reuse the CO2 if the are going to gas their their brew for carbination ....now that's a piece of gear I'd like to see!

I'm surprised brewers haven't been blamed for global warming!

Si fermentas en 20L y colocas una válvula reguladora de presión y 4 barriles iguales a la salida consigues barrer el O2 de los mismos. Abres su válvula de seguridad y listo o esperas (siempre desinfectado) a tener que hacer trasvace y recuperas los aromas de la fermentación primaria (ananá , banana, ) No distraerse !!!!!

If you ferment in 20L and place a pressure regulating valve and 4 barrels equal to the output you get to sweep the O2 from them. You open your safety valve and ready or wait (always disinfected) to have to do trasvace and recover the aromas of the primary fermentation (pineapple, banana, ) Do not be distracted !!!!!

If you ferment in 20L and place a pressure regulating valve and 4 barrels equal to the output you get to sweep the O2 from them. You open your safety valve and ready or wait (always disinfected) to have to do trasvace and recover the aromas of the primary fermentation (pineapple, banana, ) Do not be distracted !!!!!

Cool...but bannana?

El primer aroma de la fermentación es de banana es durante la multiplicación de la levadura (en el inicio dela fermentación) dura muy poco tiempo y cuando arranca la fermentación es de ananá lugo puede ser manzanas verdes u otro fruto peras etc.

We call those aromas in oenology fermentation descriptors. indicates if everything is fine, and without seeing approximates at what point the fermentation is advanced

Saludos

There was a post here somewhere that talked about how much CO2 was produces brewing beer. I did not do a very good job of capturing all the gas but you can get the idea from this video.

Thanks Wesbrew what was it day 3 things went like crazy.
Yeah it's phenomenonal I regularly push out SMB from my recieving keg when fermenting.
This happens just at the start of fermentation then it gurgles the rest of the time up though recieving keg.

Cheers thanks for sharing and taking the time to put that time-lapse together sooo cool!

El primer aroma de la fermentación es de banana es durante la multiplicación de la levadura (en el inicio dela fermentación) dura muy poco tiempo y cuando arranca la fermentación es de ananá lugo puede ser manzanas verdes u otro fruto peras etc.

Banana and apple smell in finished beer?

Banana and apple smell in finished beer?

The first aroma of the fermentation is banana is during the multiplication of the yeast (at the beginning of the fermentation) lasts very little time and when the fermentation starts it is pineapple then it can be green apples or other fruit pears etc.

We call those aromas in oenology fermentation descriptors. indicates if everything is fine, and without seeing approximates at what point the fermentation is advanced

Saludos

20220421_130530.jpg

Once again Brewer's Friend has made me smarter! :)
Oenology is the science and study of wine and winemaking. Oenology is distinct from viticulture, which is the science of the growing, cultivation, and harvesting of grapes. The English word oenology derives from the Greek word oinos "wine" and the suffix –logia the "study of"

¡Una vez más Brewer's Friend me ha hecho más inteligente! :)
La enología es la ciencia y el estudio del vino y la vinificación. La enología es distinta de la viticultura, que es la ciencia del crecimiento, cultivo y cosecha de las uvas. La palabra inglesa enología deriva de la palabra griega oinos "vino" y el sufijo –logia el "estudio de"

The article mentioned weight ss well. So I checked that as well when it was all done and headed for the keg. The fermenter lost about 790 grams.Hmmmmm CO2 weighs about 51 grams per cubic foot or 15.5 cubic feet or about 115 gallons of CO2?????

It turns out that five gallons /18.9 L of 1,060 wort with an apparent attenuation of 75%, 449.1 L / 15.86 cubic feet / 118.64 gallons of CO2 (standard temperature and pressure) are produced. This equates to 0.88 kg / 1.94 lb of CO2!

That's why I said earlier that it can inhertiate 4 keg the content of O2

Saludos

Back