Show us your boil

Red Trolley clone getting a vigorous boil hoping to ward off any chill haze...let's see how we look in a month or so...
20190518_163743.jpeg

I just couldn't resist this... my sense of humour I suppose...

Attachments

• a boil.jpg
    a boil.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 152
20190526_144727.jpg

2oz of Yakima Gold to start off a Saison 60min. boil. 12.02 SRM hopefully a redish tint, 18# 2row and 2.5# C75 10gal. brew.
Was going to add 1oz lemon drop at flame out but may change that.

View attachment 6130
2oz of Yakima Gold to start off a Saison 60min. boil. 12.02 SRM hopefully a redish tint, 18# 2row and 2.5# C75 10gal. brew.
Was going to add 1oz lemon drop at flame out but may change that.

Went with 2oz Cluster instead of Lemon Drop. More down to earth for a fruity yeast like Safale BE-134. 37ibu's

Was boil fairly aromatic?

Was boil fairly aromatic?
Up until flame out it was pretty much a standard blond ale boil so just sweet malty aromas coupled with my minuscule 7g First wort magnum addition. But now today in the ferm chamber it smells a little like an Asian feast food outlet:p it smells of ginger and tumeric. I smashed my efficiency yesterday with 91% brewhouse in the fermentor:). My pre boil was 1.050 from 3.7kg grist target was mid 40's. Awesome extraction my pump was not working so no recirculation neither but I started mash higher than normal at 66c maybe higher saccrification temp helped with better extraction whatever the case I'm bowled over with it.

It looks about right. And in Kentucky, about right is pretty much spot on anywhere else.

Back