Show us your boil

My Amber Bock

IMG_20191126_093551288.jpg

Whoa! Looking a little close to the rim there Steve! My crystal ball says boil overs are in your future! Is that at the break or just before?

Just before. I stay very close to it when I have that much in the kettle but I agree; there will be sticky messes to clean up at some stage!

Just need a brewing buddy to distract you at the right time.

It is a lot less vigorous than a kettle, but it does the job just fine. Just out of curiosity, what temp are you setting to for the boil?

It is a lot less vigorous than a kettle, but it does the job just fine. Just out of curiosity, what temp are you setting to for the boil?
At my elevation 202 is boil point. During my first brew I had to scramble to find the setting to adjust my boil to reflect that temperature. With the stock setting at 212, that point could never be reached for me and when the software is trying to reach a target set point to begin the boil timer and all your boil additions...well, you're kinda hosed!

Boiling here is 205 and I set the temp to 214 to maintain a slow rolling boil. It seemed strange the first few times to only boil off about 3 qts. I was used to more than twice that with my propane setup.

Back