Show me your gardening Progress

Here's this evening's pick no kidding:)!
That pineapple weighed in at 3.3kg.
All that green stuff is going into a stir fry along with home grown ginger and Tumeric.
That's a Amber Lager nestled in amongst the produce View attachment 10653

Nice looking mix there Ben.

Still a bit early for harvesting much around here. Went out to take a peek this morning and it looks like time for some serious weeding. Will take some pics once I get that done.
I did pick a few early tomatoes a few days ago for BLTs and have the odd pepper here and there, but they're just the ill formed fruits that you get early in the season. All of the veggies are loaded with fruit and/or blossoms, so expecting a good harvest.

Nice looking mix there Ben.

Still a bit early for harvesting much around here. Went out to take a peek this morning and it looks like time for some serious weeding. Will take some pics once I get that done.
I did pick a few early tomatoes a few days ago for BLTs and have the odd pepper here and there, but they're just the ill formed fruits that you get early in the season. All of the veggies are loaded with fruit and/or blossoms, so expecting a good harvest.

Got the main garden plot weeded and fertilized this morning. Here are a few shots:
First a row of peppers. From closest, 3 Pimentos, 1 Anaheim, 2 Jalapeños, 1 Ancho and 2 Bells (mostly hidden behind the Ancho). Top left is a Cherokee Carbon tomato.

Peppers.jpg

Next an Eggplant that's about 3 weeks after planting. In the background a Celebrity tomato. Been getting a few off of it already.
Eggplant.jpg

One of the Early Girls. The other one got some minor frost damage and is lagging, but is also loaded with fruit.
Early Girl.jpg

Some of the wife's herbs. I don't weed her stuff unless I'm really bored.
Herbs.jpg

Looks like you are in a pretty arid climate there Bob, don't see any grass anywhere!

Looks like you are in a pretty arid climate there Bob, don't see any grass anywhere!

Yup, High desert in Western Nevada. We have nice lawns in front. The pipe to the lawn sprinklers in the back burst under the RV pad a few years back, so the lawn there is history. Will be making the center area where the lawn was into a zero maintenance area when I get time. Still have limited water capability around the parameter, but not enough to sustain a lawn.

Yup, High desert in Western Nevada. We have nice lawns in front. The pipe to the lawn sprinklers in the back burst under the RV pad a few years back, so the lawn there is history. Will be making the center area where the lawn was into a zero maintenance area when I get time. Still have limited water capability around the parameter, but not enough to sustain a lawn.
Wow yeah that is desert country I'm supprised your not a no chill brewer Bob you keep your brew water for on your garden? Nice looking patch that tomatoe looks heaps happy in that barrel.

Very nice! Growing your own pineapple. How cool is that!
Yep lucky i live in a pineapple growing area of Aus heck the "big Pineapple" is just down the road. It's a Tourist park with a massive pineapple out front that tourists get a photo in front of. Ha ha.
Lots of soldiers headed up this way after ww2 to settle their own farms and grew pineapples.
Not alot of locals grow them I suppose because you gotta wait near two years for an fruit but if you plant enough spread out you end up after awhile of a steady harvest.

So when you eat your pineapple you just twist off the top tear a few leaves back and shove it in the ground it will do the rest. Tough as nails can't kill them.

Wow yeah that is desert country I'm supprised your not a no chill brewer Bob you keep your brew water for on your garden? Nice looking patch that tomatoe looks heaps happy in that barrel.

Even though we're in the desert, we sit on top of a huge aquifer, so water is plentiful. One thing you learn when you live in the desert, with enough water and cow $hit, you can grow anything. When I brewed outside I ran the chiller outlet into the garden, but now it just goes down the drain.

Even though we're in the desert, we sit on top of a huge aquifer, so water is plentiful. One thing you learn when you live in the desert, with enough water and cow $hit, you can grow anything. When I brewed outside I ran the chiller outlet into the garden, but now it just goes down the drain.
Well you've got the best of both worlds you get your garden and don't have to mow the Lawn:p!
I suppose weeds mightnt be a huge issue either. I live next to a Forrest I sware its trying to reclaim my garden!

Sounds like a great place to live!

We like it. Not too many days over 100F or in single digits or lower. Almost never have more than 5 or 6" of snow at a time and it usually melts within a day or so. Decent hunting and fishing close by. Good neighbors. Everything we need.

We like it. Not too many days over 100F or in single digits or lower. Almost never have more than 5 or 6" of snow at a time and it usually melts within a day or so. Decent hunting and fishing close by. Good neighbors. Everything we need.
And never need to build a sand pit for the kids it's everywhere ha ha!

The garden after our terrassing project. Got us off to a bit of a late start. No tomatoes yet, the zucchini just started, some salad from the lettuce patch.
20200703_171422.jpg

Just getting prepared to plant right now, not going to be growing much, one tomato plant, a few other things. The two raised beds there will each get an "herb" plant. We are legally allowed to grow 4 plants. Expanded the corner flower bed to plant the forsythia there on the left. The other tree there is a lilac tree (lilac grafted onto who knows what kind of tree), will post another picture when it is in bloom.
20210515_152644.jpg

The other corner of the backyard, the big tree is a Delicious Apple tree, it is really pretty right now. Funny thing about this variety is that they only bear fruit every other year.
20210516_090320.jpg

Edged this bed as well yesterday, won't plant any flowers until the hosta's fill out, they take up a lot of space. I may have to dig half of the two on the left, they are getting a little out of control!
20210515_124244.jpg

Time to divide up those Hostas @Craigerrr, surely there's a place more are needed...

Here's most of the garden. The growing season starts mid-April here.
Peppers (Janapeno & Bell), Cukes, Stringbeans, Tomatoes, Carrots, Spaghetti Squash, Garlic, Lettuce, Swiss Chard, Basil, Parsley, Dill, Radishes. Plus chives, rosemary, mint which are perennials.

IMG_1499.JPG

Back