Show me your gardening Progress

Probably, but I still think I'm a Northerner and expect it to snow any day now...

this is the time of year when outdoor projects become feasible, and I really am done with the garden for now if you know what I mean.

This is how I prune my Grass Tree native Australian plant loves fire. Their quite exy actually they grow very slow and are an iconic indigenous tree to Aus. Out where I come from I've seen them as high as I stand would be quite old.
20221029_170901.jpg

Threw me two spiers just recently the birds and my native bees love them also Ives spotted red breasted honey eaters in them too.
20221029_171416.jpg

These two spiers will dry quite woody and the seed pods behind them died off flowers are spikey and very sharp!

6 new fruit trees
They need to acclimatise a little before planting
Sour sop, orange, lychee, cashew, passion fruit and avocado.
But I can't remember which is which :)
IMG_20221029_122122.jpg

6 new fruit trees
They need to acclimatise a little before planting
Sour sop, orange, lychee, cashew, passion fruit and avocado.
But I can't remember which is which :)
View attachment 22842
Well.gee OK I'll take a stab i grow both lychee and passionfruit orange I do to but gee it's hard to tell amongst this line up to a Sapling like me lol!

So I rekon "REKON" lychee is second from right (tucked in behind) got one of these flowering of just past praying for some fruit set!.
Third left I'm thinking is orange but gee it's hard lol.
4th to left looks like passionfruit but he'll I'll show you mine on zoom and it's a.bit different baby!
Far right looks like a nut tree so I'm going that.

Take all this with a grain of salt.

On zoom tomorrow remember to ask and I'll show you a lychee- orange-passionfruit I'm gunna get an avo so not one of those lol.
But the rest I can zoom up on the leaves for ya;)

Well.gee OK I'll take a stab i grow both lychee and passionfruit orange I do to but gee it's hard to tell amongst this line up to a Sapling like me lol!

So I rekon "REKON" lychee is second from right (tucked in behind) got one of these flowering of just past praying for some fruit set!.
Third left I'm thinking is orange but gee it's hard lol.
4th to left looks like passionfruit but he'll I'll show you mine on zoom and it's a.bit different baby!
Far right looks like a nut tree so I'm going that.

Take all this with a grain of salt.

On zoom tomorrow remember to ask and I'll show you a lychee- orange-passionfruit I'm gunna get an avo so not one of those lol.
But the rest I can zoom up on the leaves for ya;)
OK filp it all left to right im pissed:p:p:p

I hope you understand...lol

Garden is all out except for some parsley.
I planted a couple hundred cloves of garlic and garlic seeds that will hopefully get going before the snow buries everything. It's late to plant it, but it's in the ground.
I started turning some of the beds with a pitch fork and the soil is looking way better.
Most of the garden is under a foot of grass clippings and leaves.
All and all, the garden did well for year 2 and next year is promising!

I made the mistake of picking up a raw cashew from under a tree in an arboretum or something like that. I did not know they were smokin hot. I think it gave me a blister when i taste tested it. Like a Ghost Chili or something.

I made the mistake of picking up a raw cashew from under a tree in an arboretum or something like that. I did not know they were smokin hot. I think it gave me a blister when i taste tested it. Like a Ghost Chili or something.
They need quite some treatment before eating, if I remember correct.
I'll worry about it in a couple years as my "tree" is about 15 cm tall at the moment

By thecway: I did something similar with olives. They are disgusting before treatment ;)

I'd never heard this. The Interweb tells me that the shells have something like poison ivy. Not having a cashew tree, that's where my research ended. Trader Joes supplies my non-blistering 'raw' cashews.

Kind of makes you wonder how we ended up eating them?
Yeah, I always wonder about things like that
Cassave
Cashew
Olives
Someone must have done something totally wrong, mixed up ingredients or so, then got drunk, legless maybe, and hungry and ate those poisonous things and survived :)

Yeah, I always wonder about things like that
Cassave
Cashew
Olives
Someone must have done something totally wrong, mixed up ingredients or so, then got drunk, legless maybe, and hungry and ate those poisonous things and survived :)
Exactly! Haha

Hunger can drive one to take chances.

Back