Saisonish

The FG reading remained 1.003 so I decided to bottle. The beer seems particularly cloudy in the bottle. Is that an indication that maybe I should have waited a bit longer?

If the FG stayed at 1.003 for about 3 to 5 days then it is very very likely done fermenting. I would have bottled it as well. Give it about 2 weeks or so (I can never wait more than a week to open a bottle!!) it will condition and the cloudiness will clear up a lot.

The cloud in the bottle is just brew sediment or stuborn yeast which doesn't want to floculate out, completely harmless and totally edible...although it can be bitter tasting sometimes. You can do 2 things with it. 1) Let is settle to the bottom of the bottle after 1 to 2 weeks conditioning and 3 to 5 days in the fridge before serving. It will clear it up nicely by dropping to the bottom of the bottle in a nice tight little cake. Pour carefully so as not to disturb the sediment and your good. OR, 2) the sediment actually adds to the flavor of a saison (if that is to your taste) gently roll the bottle back and forth between your hands to GENTLY agitate the sediment into the beer just a little then open carefully. Pour gently with a small amount of the sediment in the glass and enjoy! I find saisons and hefewiezen can be very tasty if you include a bit of the sediment in the glass when you pour it (which is just yeast, protein and maybe a touch of dry hops/hops particulates).

Saisons are great because they can be either clear or cloudy depending on your preference. I've had samples of both and I love them both.

The FG reading remained 1.003 so I decided to bottle. The beer seems particularly cloudy in the bottle. Is that an indication that maybe I should have waited a bit longer?
No. The beer may clear as it conditions. I kegged mine today and it was a bit cloudy. After it chills, I expect it to clear up a bit.

It will clear over time, nothing to stress to hard about.

Have drunk a few bottles now and its turned into a very nice beer. :)

I think its a little under carbonated, probably I should have increased priming sugar quantity because of its higher ABV. Also I would probably drop or reduce the caramel malt the next time because maybe its a little sweet for me. But on the whole very nice and I shall look forward to drinking them all, unlike my first two brews! :rolleyes:

Belgian beers are usually carbed higher than most too, so nice work and remember for next time. :)

Back