recipe wanted

moga

Trial Member
Reaction score
how can I get the recipe of Paulaner beer please.
thx

There will be a lot of sorting to so in recipe search maybe a little more specific and I'm sure you'll find the help your after?

how can I get the recipe of Paulaner beer please.
thx
It may not be quite that easy. :) The notion of a simple recipe is sometimes a misconception among inexperienced brewers.
Depending on what style you're looking for, traditional German beers can require fairly complex process and strict temperature control to brew. For most German beers, the malt bill is very simple - Pilsner, Vienna, Munich, etc - and the hops are not complicated - usually noble hops early in the boil and nothing else. Yeast strains are often very style specific but it's easy to get the proper variety. From there, it's all about the way the grain is mashed, the way the yeast is handled and the way the temperature and fermentation schedule is laid out.
Water amendments can be part of a recipe as well and that is dependent on the specific water you'll be using. That's a whole other level. ;)

Paulaner what?
Copy that - there are several Paulaners. The recipe is stupid-simple: German pilsner malt and Saaz hops. Same for Helles. But the devil lies in the details, how you mash, how you ferment, how you keep O2 out of the beer post-fermentation, what water you use and what you do to it.... German light lagers are the most difficult beers to brew, period. The recipe won't help you much.

Copy that - there are several Paulaners. The recipe is stupid-simple: German pilsner malt and Saaz hops. Same for Helles. But the devil lies in the details, how you mash, how you ferment, how you keep O2 out of the beer post-fermentation, what water you use and what you do to it.... German light lagers are the most difficult beers to brew, period. The recipe won't help you much.

Well I happen to know the brewmaster there, and its not 100% pils, it's actually 90/10 pils light munich, and they use magnum at 60, for say the helles. But yea.. the devil is in the details.

Well I happen to know the brewmaster there, and its not 100% pils, it's actually 90/10 pils light munich, and they use magnum at 60, for say the helles. But yea.. the devil is in the details.
Okay, my BOS Helles is 10% Vienna with some carafoam and I do the Magnum trick as well for bittering.... ;) I was trying to let the OP know that it's the process , not the recipe, that makes these beers. Oh, and thanks - you gave me enough data to brew a Paulaner!

(For my next Lager trick, I'm going to try an Urquell)

Okay, my BOS Helles is 10% Vienna with some carafoam and I do the Magnum trick as well for bittering.... ;) I was trying to let the OP know that it's the process , not the recipe, that makes these beers. Oh, and thanks - you gave me enough data to brew a Paulaner!

(For my next Lager trick, I'm going to try an Urquell)
good luck

whaaaat

Okay, which of Paulaner's family of beers are you interested in making? Each are different formulations and to help, we need to know which one. I just looked at a clone recipe of their Weissbier and it looks about right....

Okay, which of Paulaner's family of beers are you interested in making? Each are different formulations and to help, we need to know which one. I just looked at a clone recipe of their Weissbier and it looks about right....
Hefe-Weißbier

Makes more sense, then. It's going to be mostly a 60-40 mix of wheat and barley, with some dark Munich. Here's a pretty good looking recipe: https://blog.eckraus.com/paulaner-hefe-weizen-clone-recipe-extract-all-grain.
To get a good beer, you'll want to do a ferulic acid rest at 113 degrees F, say ten to twenty minutes, to allow the precursor to the clove flavor to form. I ferment mine cool, say 62 degrees, to emphasize the clove, the recipe's temperatures will emphasize the banana.

Good luck with it!

Makes more sense, then. It's going to be mostly a 60-40 mix of wheat and barley, with some dark Munich. Here's a pretty good looking recipe: https://blog.eckraus.com/paulaner-hefe-weizen-clone-recipe-extract-all-grain.
To get a good beer, you'll want to do a ferulic acid rest at 113 degrees F, say ten to twenty minutes, to allow the precursor to the clove flavor to form. I ferment mine cool, say 62 degrees, to emphasize the clove, the recipe's temperatures will emphasize the banana.

Good luck with it!
thanks

Back