Recipe Efficiency and Different Equipment Profiles

Discussion in 'Recipe Editor' started by PutnamBrew, May 12, 2018.

1. PutnamBrew

PutnamBrew Member

I have a few recipes built with a particular efficiency (76%), however there is a 2nd system I brew on that is more efficient (82%). All of the recipies are based off of the 76%. Is there a way by changing equipment used in the brew session, that it'll also change the efficiency? I'll click a recipe, hit brew and select the other brewing equipment profile, however it shows the efficiency when the recipe was designed. I would rather see the numbers based on the equipment for the same recipe. Is this possible at all or do I go ahead, make a copy of the recipe with the other efficiency numbers?

2. Trialben

Trialben Well-Known Member

Pest control tech
    im sure its in your brew profile so when you click brew it asks you witch profile your using and you click on profile 1 or 2.

you gotta create and save your differnt profiles to your different brew system...

3. PutnamBrew

PutnamBrew Member

I made sure I did that and have been trying it with different recipes. It keeps the same brew house efficiency regardless of the equipment profile selected.

4. Trialben

Trialben Well-Known Member

Pest control tech
    maybe a calculator glitch. ive only one profile. maybe manually lower efficency on other equiment setting PITA i know.

5. Yooper

Yooper Administrator
    Staff Member

Happily retired
    We're taking a look now at a way to "stick" the efficiency into the equipment profile. I'll keep you posted!

6. PutnamBrew

PutnamBrew Member

Thanks for the Reply! What I've done in the mean time is make a duplicate of the Recipe, just change efficiency for the equipment and renamed it accordingly. Works for me! I don't know why I haven't been using Brewers Friend sooner. I used to use iBrewMaster on my IOS Devices but they have stopped supporting it. I like how this one is web based and easy to figure out/use.

7. Yooper

Yooper Administrator
    Staff Member

Happily retired
    That's the "workaround" I was going to suggest, but I really like the idea of having it in the equipment profile so you don't need a workaround. We're looking into how hard it will be for the developer to incorporate it, and if it's not a big job it may be done very quickly.

8. uk_brewer

uk_brewer Well-Known Member

I’d love this feature. Having a 3 vessel rims and a braumeister would be nice having a quick way to have the recipe adjust for system specific efficiency and loses.

PutnamBrew, Head First and Yooper like this.