Recipe Efficiency and Different Equipment Profiles

PutnamBrew

Trial Member
Reaction score
I have a few recipes built with a particular efficiency (76%), however there is a 2nd system I brew on that is more efficient (82%). All of the recipies are based off of the 76%. Is there a way by changing equipment used in the brew session, that it'll also change the efficiency? I'll click a recipe, hit brew and select the other brewing equipment profile, however it shows the efficiency when the recipe was designed. I would rather see the numbers based on the equipment for the same recipe. Is this possible at all or do I go ahead, make a copy of the recipe with the other efficiency numbers?

I have a few recipes built with a particular efficiency (76%), however there is a 2nd system I brew on that is more efficient (82%). All of the recipies are based off of the 76%. Is there a way by changing equipment used in the brew session, that it'll also change the efficiency? I'll click a recipe, hit brew and select the other brewing equipment profile, however it shows the efficiency when the recipe was designed. I would rather see the numbers based on the equipment for the same recipe. Is this possible at all or do I go ahead, make a copy of the recipe with the other efficiency numbers?
im sure its in your brew profile so when you click brew it asks you witch profile your using and you click on profile 1 or 2.

you gotta create and save your differnt profiles to your different brew system...

im sure its in your brew profile so when you click brew it asks you witch profile your using and you click on profile 1 or 2.

you gotta create and save your differnt profiles to your different brew system...

I made sure I did that and have been trying it with different recipes. It keeps the same brew house efficiency regardless of the equipment profile selected.

maybe a calculator glitch. ive only one profile. maybe manually lower efficency on other equiment setting PITA i know.

We're taking a look now at a way to "stick" the efficiency into the equipment profile. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks for the Reply! What I've done in the mean time is make a duplicate of the Recipe, just change efficiency for the equipment and renamed it accordingly. Works for me! I don't know why I haven't been using Brewers Friend sooner. I used to use iBrewMaster on my IOS Devices but they have stopped supporting it. I like how this one is web based and easy to figure out/use.

Thanks for the Reply! What I've done in the mean time is make a duplicate of the Recipe, just change efficiency for the equipment and renamed it accordingly. Works for me! I don't know why I haven't been using Brewers Friend sooner. I used to use iBrewMaster on my IOS Devices but they have stopped supporting it. I like how this one is web based and easy to figure out/use.

That's the "workaround" I was going to suggest, but I really like the idea of having it in the equipment profile so you don't need a workaround. We're looking into how hard it will be for the developer to incorporate it, and if it's not a big job it may be done very quickly.

Back