Random thought for the day

We should really come up wit a recipe for the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster...
Mixing Instructions
  • Take the juice from one bottle of Ol' Janx Spirit.
  • Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V — Oh, that Santraginean seawater! Oh, those Santraginean fish!
  • Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost).
  • Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it, in memory of all those happy hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia.
  • Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heady odours of the dark Qualactin Zones, subtle, sweet and mystic.
  • Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian Suns deep into the heart of the drink.
  • Sprinkle Zamphuor.
  • Add an olive.
  • Drink... but... very carefully...

Tonight Sophie started little league. A couple of awesome things about it. First I get to be on the field as an assistant coach. an awesome part is her head is a 29 year old “kid” I coached in both high school football and high school baseball. The other assistant coaches is another “kid” I coached in both football and baseball. Was a fun practice for me and Sophie had a blast.

Tonight Sophie started little league. A couple of awesome things about it. First I get to be on the field as an assistant coach. an awesome part is her head is a 29 year old “kid” I coached in both high school football and high school baseball. The other assistant coaches is another “kid” I coached in both football and baseball. Was a fun practice for me and Sophie had a blast.
That's cool!
Back when I coached my son's travel hockey team, the opposing coach of one team was a kid/guy that I coached in baseball when he was 14, I was about 22 at that time.

Just looking at my new speidel fermenter and wondering if it could be used as low tech keg?
Ferment beer, then add sugar and close off the airlock. So natural carbonisation.and when ready use the tap to pour :rolleyes:
Would probably have to empty the whole thing in one sitting as no means to keep pressure?

Just looking at my new speidel fermenter and wondering if it could be used as low tech keg?
Ferment beer, then add sugar and close off the airlock. So natural carbonisation.and when ready use the tap to pour :rolleyes:
Would probably have to empty the whole thing in one sitting as no means to keep pressure?
I once added a bit of pressure to my 30L Speidel, the bottom bowed out. These are not designed to hold pressure. You have to remember that pressure in PSI is force in pounds per each square inch. There are a lot of square inches. Let's say for argument in your smaller unit that there 100 square inches, and you add 5 PSI to it, that will be 500 pounds of force. That could make for a nasty accident...

PSI, squate inches, pounds :oops:
But I get your point, definitely for the 30 ltr version.
I was contemplating the 4 or 5 litre version, figuring that if it works with a 1 litre (soft plastic) bottle, it may work with the 4 or 5 litre one.
I generally use 6-8 gr sugar per litre. No idea what that equates to in bar or psi

Not going to try as those fermenters are not cheap (and anyway, I got the 12 litre one, not the smaller one)

PSI, squate inches, pounds :oops:
But I get your point, definitely for the 30 ltr version.
I was contemplating the 4 or 5 litre version, figuring that if it works with a 1 litre (soft plastic) bottle, it may work with the 4 or 5 litre one.
I generally use 6-8 gr sugar per litre. No idea what that equates to in bar or psi

Not going to try as those fermenters are not cheap (and anyway, I got the 12 litre one, not the smaller one)
1 PSI equals 6,900 Pascals.

Thanks.
I do know most conversions, just didn't feel like doing them.
1 bar = 100 000 pascal and roughly equals 15 psi ;)

it may work with the 4 or 5 litre one.
Oh, I never knew Speidel made a fermenter smaller than the 12 liter. My brewery could benefit in having another fermenter in the 1.5 gallon/7 liter capacity.

Oh, I never knew Speidel made a fermenter smaller than the 12 liter. My brewery could benefit in having another fermenter in the 1.5 gallon/7 liter capacity.
I tried to find it back, to send you a link, but I can't.
It must have been the fermonster I''ve been looking at. Not the speidel.
Sorry

Back