Purchasing suggestions

$27 Australian works out to $19 US. That's pretty cheap!

Edit: My beers run from the low end of 16-18 bucks for a light lager if I re-use the yeast all the way to 40-50 bucks for a 7 gallon IPA with a crazy amount of hops.

$27 Australian works out to $19 US. That's pretty cheap!

Edit: My beers run from the low end of 16-18 bucks for a light lager if I re-use the yeast all the way to 40-50 bucks for a 7 gallon IPA with a crazy amount of hops.
Yeah that wayners was a 40$ beer.

Your prices are pretty darn good compared to what they are here. Maybe it's just a market/demand thing.
Buying in bulk beats the price I scored a 25kg bag of Barris Burson Pale malt for 55$ thats about the best I've ever bought a bag of malt for.

You know on a side sorta political note (Oh no) China have put large tarrifs on our barely exports so we've been stuck in that department.
Anyhow we've probably got a glut of barley here in Aus I think we're selling a bit to Saudi Arabia Vietnam ect.
Think you buy a beer in that SE Asia region your most likely drinking Aussie Barley.

I'm fortunate to have a Northern Brewer retail store 15 minutes from my house, so I can't comment on purchasing grains, hops and yeast online. But you can still do what I did before I started buying my base grains in bulk. Calculate the cost per pound for a bag of grain and compare that to the per pound price. A 50lb or 25kg bag of base grain should be about half the cost of buying by the pound. That may make the return on investment acceptable to your budget. Obviously, since you are buying online you will need to add in shipping costs.

Back