Pumping beer from the fermentor to bottling tank?

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
OK, so I've increased my batch size...trouble is, to bottle now, I need to transfer the beer from the primary to the 60 quart kettle I use for an hlt and gravity feed to the bottle filler. Than involves lifting 10-12 gallons of beer onto a head high shelf. Did just that last night, next time I'm pumping it up there, so...I'm considering 2 options:

1. 25 watt Mark II connected directly to valve on the fermentor.

or

2. small Seaflo diaphram pump and a stainless racking cane.

Any thoughts?

Recently I saw an ad for a self-priming pump designed for exactly that purpose. I wish I could remember what it's called.

Can the fermentor hold any pressure? You could pump CO2 in and do a gas transfer instead of a pump transfer. There's a bunch of closed transfer videos on you tube if you want ideas.

I had the same question as Mark. There is one PSI for every 2.3 feet of rise. Whether you use a pump or CO2, you will need to overcome this.

If you do decide to use a pump, You could buy a pump you can use for something else, like moving hot wort.

I had the same question as Mark. There is one PSI for every 2.3 feet of rise. Whether you use a pump or CO2, you will need to overcome this.

If you do decide to use a pump, You could buy a pump you can use for something else, like moving hot wort.
Already have both pumps mentioned, thinking the Mark II may be the way to go. I think I have enough drop to prime with gravity. And it’s already mounted to the brew stand that’s pulling double duty for bottling now.

I definitely trust CO2 pressure transfer more when it comes to finished beer. A little oxidation from pumping can go a long way toward ruining a batch.

Pump into 2 kegs cool and burst carb....you're good to go. It seems like a 2 man job the way your'e going

Back