Pump and Plumbing Recommendations

I have had a several brew sessions with my Riptide pump. I bought quick disconnects on sale and made up hoses specific for transfers. I change hoses and don't move the pump or vessels. I absolutely hated the first session with the pump, cavitation, leaks, and a hidden hole in a hose that rendered the pump useless. I almost marked it up to a learning moment and was going to go back to lifting and toting. The next session worked with a lot less drama and by my third session, I had made some additions that made cleaning easier. It took a while but I like my single pump system now.
There's a learning curve, no doubt. I've experienced that myself, as well as stuck mashes.... It's getting better, though.

Brew.jpg
Hey Vesparados, is your rig a 3 tier or flat?
Flat. I put the pump in the drawer and it is low enough to prime.

Ok..another question..maybe more....

Why are Chuggers always out of stock or only a couple left in stock? Is it supply or demand?

What's the downside on the cheaper SST, mag impeller units if I'm brewing monthly?

What am i getting in a chugger or a riptide for the extra bucks?

I would go with a riptide if you can, much quieter, more lift and easier to clean
I took Ozark's advice and am VERY happy with my choice. I put in a CIP (30+ minutes of running) and appreciate the lower sound level of the Riptide as well as ease of disassembly and cleaning. The switch makes a big difference as well as the adjustable flow control. No dog in the hunt, I'm just grateful for the recommendation.

I would like to talk about the plumbing business. I am satisfied by everything, but I understand that it is time to automate it through certain software. Now I consider managemart as an option and I would like to see some feedback. Can I make it commanding? For example, invite members of my team to access the business management interface. So there is a possibility to choose to which part of my plumbing business they can get access and so on.

o_O

Oh yes @mertoos youve come to the right place asking Hombrewers for advice for weird online plumbing business advice Lol!

The management of flow control is achieved with an inline ball valve throttled through a variable GUI manual interface air gapped from any binary or IP based servo or solenoid. All your base are belong to us.

Last edited:
I have had a several brew sessions with my Riptide pump. I bought quick disconnects on sale and made up hoses specific for transfers. I change hoses and don't move the pump or vessels. I absolutely hated the first session with the pump, cavitation, leaks, and a hidden hole in a hose that rendered the pump useless. I almost marked it up to a learning moment and was going to go back to lifting and toting. The next session worked with a lot less drama and by my third session, I had made some additions that made cleaning easier. It took a while but I like my single pump system now.
Agreed!

Back