Ph Meter

Yep I saw those on eBay I wasn't sure if getting a cheap one might reflect on its ability to give reliable results so I got a mid range priced one. I've got burnt before on eBay getting the cheapest deal with stc1000 almost practically burnt:p but I suppose that's a different kettle of fish. That STC 1000 lasted all of 5 seconds when I powered it up it wasn't properly built for Aussie 240v 50htz current and it made a nice blue pop then nothing:D. Yep don't go cheap on electrics ha ha. My current stc1000 is probably 6 months old now Elitech model and it is reliable as the front door you know it's not going to do anything funny on ya when trying to open it:rolleyes:.

like i said I buy a new one very year so its not invincible, I can buy 1 every year and still not reach the cost of a professional one and still get good results

I bought a new carbon filter cartridge today as my old one was starting to look a bit ordinary and water was tasting a little rough. Anyhow I installed it run water through it a few time to clean all the black gunk out and after a taste test with me and missus I thought I test the ph to see what I'll dile in on my water profile. Well I thought my ph,meter was already playing up! It registered ph 10! A fair bit Alcalinity eh? So I grabbed a ph sachet 4.01ph and died in ph meter yep came up right in the money and checked filtered tap water 10ph again!o_O. Now my unfiltered tap water is around 8 ph so how does it jump 2 ph points by running through the filter? I did a ph test on old filter and it was,pumping out 7 ph neutral water:) well anyhow I thought id throw this out there and see what everyone else's thought would be .

Have you tested ph of your filter water?
How different from tap water?

how fast are you moving water, probably leaching filter materials

I just change filter over water comes through pretty quick I've been thinking of adding a second filter in line like the one you posted. But wierd it would gain 2 ph points once filtered unless the chlorine removal causes ph to go up ?

Have you done a comparison test on your tap water ph compared to your filtered water ph?

Quite Alcaline at 10ph:rolleyes:

Back