Pale Ale Recipe Check

The yeast isn't really all that critical with a NEIPA,.
Just wanted to say that this comment would probably be a pretty controversial opinion for many New England brewers (not to detract from cragerr’s comment about kveik which is a reasonable and fresh take on a relatively new style).

Just wanted to say that this comment would probably be a pretty controversial opinion for many New England brewers (not to detract from cragerr’s comment about kveik which is a reasonable and fresh take on a relatively new style).
Perhaps, but I have taken this from some reputable articles on the subject, and will site personal experience as well. Note that Bryan's brew is pretty hazy looking, and he used US-05 which is a yeast commonly used in West Coast Style IPA's.

Colour was straight up incredible by the end of the fermentation, it degraded a bit, either during bottling or bottle conditioning.

Colour was straight up incredible by the end of the fermentation, it degraded a bit, either during bottling or bottle conditioning.

You may have had a little bit of oxygen exposure when bottling. It sounds like you have otherwise made a beauty! I forsee kegging in your future to mitigate O2!

Perhaps, but I have taken this from some reputable articles on the subject, and will site personal experience as well. Note that Bryan's brew is pretty hazy looking, and he used US-05 which is a yeast commonly used in West Coast Style IPA's.
I suppose it depends on how much you care about biotransformation of various compounds. US-05 doesn't create some of the enzymes that people reference, while others, like the English or English heritage yeasts, create more. I haven't heard anyone talking about the capabilities of various Kveik strains for this. I wonder what they do in this space.

And there's always the possibility that it's an overrated contribution, or you need to come up with some pretty high maintenance yeast blends to hit all the enzymes/processes people talk about.

Yeah man, my first thought was that you're complicating the grain build for no reason. A pale ale should be simplistic, yet refined.

Your hop build looked on point, I legit think it is awesome, and may even steal it ;)

Back