Opinions on counter-pressure filling

with mine you can control the force with the air/co2 exit valve which also controls foam, I literally have no foam when filling bottles now but the valve is spring loaded and it gets coated with sticky beer and I have to dissemble and clean it every time which is a pain

Ozarks Mountain Brew said:
with mine you can control the force with the air/co2 exit valve which also controls foam, I literally have no foam when filling bottles now but the valve is spring loaded and it gets coated with sticky beer and I have to dissemble and clean it every time which is a pain

I'd like to have an adjustable pressure outlet, but using pressure on the cork to control outflow of air/CO2 is pretty easy. It's just not as accurate and it's possible to let it go a little too much. Even for just an instant gives it a little foam to deal with. I may try to rig a small bleeder valve of some sort, but for now I feel like I'm ahead of the game just being able to get this capability without any substantial expense.

Keg King have a counter fillier attachment when I get home I'll take a snap for ya. It only works on screw top pet bottles which sucks definitely keen to get something similar to what you've knocked up there JA. I'd do it just for the luxury of taking my bottles with me on bbqs and such. Then you get the best of both worlds keg for a home bottles for when out and about:rolleyes:.

Ben , i have 7 of the " Tap a draft " 5 l plastic kegs for beer mobility purposes , have 2 of the taps as well and also some soft esky bags i have modified to carry them , tap protudes from one side so can dispense without opening bag
Last BBQ was at beach and police fined several people for having glass , not me though !

Ben , i have 7 of the " Tap a draft " 5 l plastic kegs for beer mobility purposes , have 2 of the taps as well and also some soft esky bags i have modified to carry them , tap protudes from one side so can dispense without opening bag
Last BBQ was at beach and police fined several people for having glass , not me though !
I'll have to look into these plastic kegs 5lt now that's a decent bbq session cheers Mark great to have another Aussie on here to bounce ideas off;)

Back