OG way off with new efficiency calc

One of the issues with the screenshots sent is this:
upload_2019-9-3_10-54-0.png

If you look- the preboil is 5 gallons, post boil is 3.8 gallons, meaning that 1.2 gallons was boil off. Then, the batch size is 4 gallons. That means that .2 gallons must have been added as water. That would definitely impact the efficiency, the IBUs, and of course the OG.

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-3_10-53-30.png
    upload_2019-9-3_10-53-30.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 66
One of the issues with the screenshots sent is this:
View attachment 7122

If you look- the preboil is 5 gallons, post boil is 3.8 gallons, meaning that 1.2 gallons was boil off. Then, the batch size is 4 gallons. That means that .2 gallons must have been added as water. That would definitely impact the efficiency, the IBUs, and of course the OG.

Was this directed at me in regards to an email exchange we had? The screenshot is not what I sent. Here is what I provided.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190903-104103.png
    Screenshot_20190903-104103.png
    283.2 KB · Views: 74
We're digging into this now. So far, the problems we've seen have been related to volume being incorrectly entered into the calculator, but we are looking into all of the different ways the OG is calculated and that of course impacts efficiency. I wanted to let you know that we are not ignoring this, and are instead really actively working on it.

Fantastic! It's certainly possible I entered something incorrectly, I'm just not seeing it yet. Let me know if I can assist in any way.

Was this directed at me in regards to an email exchange we had? The screenshot is not what I sent. Here is what I provided.

I pulled the stats from your recipe, not from the screenshot. The developer had a chance to reply:
He’s not putting in the correct value for his points. Not sure how he got 180, but it should be:
1 + ( 5 * 37 * 0.75 / 4.8 ) * 0.001 = 1.029
(5 pounds of 37 ppg times 75% eff. So the calc looks right to me.

I'm forwarding the emails between us to the developer, so that he has all of the facts and screenshots and we will definitely keep you posted!

Just to close out this thread, in case others view it. The change to estimated OG was reverted, solved my issue. The post-boil volume was being used to estimate OG in the recipe builder but this defines ending kettle efficiency rather than the recipe based brewhouse efficiency (volume into the fermentor).

Back