New To Homebrewing

BlackQueenBrews

Trial Member
Reaction score
Greetings! New to home brewing from NE Ohio. Received a Mr. Beer Kit for Christmas and had my first brewday last Saturday with their Long Play IPA. Since I live in an apartment, the Mr. Beer setup works well. I really like fruit and sour beets but enjoy IPA,s, Porters, and Lagers. I’m hoping to get guidance on brewing those small batches with my kit.

Looking forward to learning, conversations, and sharing. Cheers!

Welcome to the forums and your new hobby/obsession. :D One of the features you’re going to find really helpful in that if you find a recipe on this site, regardless of the size, you can use the scalability feature to meet your batch size. There are some really smart and experienced folks here and are always willing to help out like they did for my brewing.

Welcome :cool:

Happy brewing!

Welcome...You can easily transition from the Mr Beer kits to using the same procedure with fresher, better ingredients and make some very good beers. The fermenters are very handy but you have to be aware of the idiosyncrasies to avoid infections. Sanitation with plastic containers and spigots can present some problems to be aware of.
Find a homebrew supply store near you so you can get a good selection of steeping grains, hops, yeast and extract rather than canned kits. There are plenty of folks here that can help with building recipes that will give you good results.
Good luck! :)

Ah hoy hoy. Welcome.

Welcome to the best brewing forum around. Lots of good people and no BS. Enjoy.

Welcome!
I'm new as well. You are actually a step up from me.
I am awaiting my first beer brew kit. Friends of mine are bringing it up from South Africa.
Really looking forward to starting!

Cheers good luck on your brewing endeavours were all ears if you need any help. Cheers!

Back