CRUNK

Trial Member
Reaction score
Introducing:
The SL1 Homebrewer Can Seamer
d9d326f6-249a-4b4a-a31c-fd600e700634.jpg

1ab0394d-19b5-451b-94c9-55a5a2c9e25a.jpg

ceef405c-710d-476d-bdca-87f9be64fa89.jpg

Our original idea in 2014 was to build a can seamer specifically for home brewers, and we have finally accomplished that goal. After building over 2000 of our MK series seamers for professional breweries and businesses, we have learned a lot about what a seamer absolutely needs, and what it can live without.

The SL1 seams standard 16oz and 12oz cans, B64 202 ends and shares the same basic functionality and key components as the MK series seamers. This means same motor and drive, upper and lower chuck assemblies, and manual seaming roll operation. We updated the design of the seaming rollers and placed them both on a single lever arm; fewer parts = less cost. The SL1’s frame and drive cover are also more utilitarian.

It’s not quite as pretty as the MK series, but it creates the same quality seams, and will do so for many years and many cheers.

Here's what you need to know
  • Use discount code: SL1 -- First 100 orders receive $100 discount
  • Presale begins Oktober 15th and ends Oktober 22nd
  • Regular price: $879 -- Promotional price: $779
  • All purchases can be made through the Oktober website
  • Estimated shipping: Last week of November, 2018
Visit the Oktober Design website for updates and information.

oktoberdesign.com

Copyright © 2018 Oktober Design, All rights reserved.

I've been jonesin' for a way to justify one of the bigger ones. I'm totally in in this version! :)

have you price cans and lids, not as cheap as you think and you have to keep buying

Lol. There's a long thread on the local "Chico Beer Enthusiasts" Facebook page about cans versus bottles. Apparently you aren't one of the cool breweries unless you use cans. People hatin on Sierra Nevada because they still have ugly bottles which excludes them from being considered a craft brewery. Hahahahahahaha

12oz Cans & Ends: 240 Pack
Regular price$76.00 plus shipping and that's a big box

So 32 cents a can for single use cans. I can score bottles for not much more than that.

My lhbs rents something like this. 25 bucks for 3 days i think. And the cans are only a quarter a piece.
Not too pricey for the novelty of having canned homebrew every once in a while

Local canning guys sell reasonable quantities at about 20 cents a can for 16oz or 18 cents for 12's. I guess I'd wash a bottle for 18 or 20 cents, but it'd sure as hell be better if I didn't have to and I sure don't want to have to de-label the damn thing for that. Not to mention digging it out of a dumpster in the first place. :D :D :D

If I could do this for competitions for 18c a can I might just go that way.

I have been wanting one for a while....but if I could find a place that rented that would be better

Getting cans and lids would be the problem.... If you know a lot of people who want to use the canner it wouldn't be so bad..... But a lot of upfront cost to get a lot of cans.....

One of our local craft brewers use the Crowlers, and a seamer.
They tell me that when I bring in my in my small growlers to fill it saves them a buck a fill.
When they told me this I said so...... (intimating that a discount was in order) and they said don't even think about it:D
Of course I was kidding, but their machine is pretty slick. It is a bartop unit, and automated, mind you for one can at a time.
I have enough 500ml and 650ml bottles for three+ batches and now have one keg. I will be adding kegs before I think about canning.

Looks like a drill press yep pretty cool I guess for a club perspective group buy / yes its work or if mega rich but me personally I'll never own one but. Pretty cool Crunk.

Well, I pulled the trigger. :eek:
I got a line on cans locally for a pretty reasonable quantity and price (around a quarter a can) and when I get a few more guys using it, we can go in on a half-pallet and save 5 or 10 cents a can.
Tough to justify making that investment, really, but the saving grace is that for the price, it's totally viable at resale if I feel like I really need to sell it off.
Wish me luck! :)

Dude. I can just hear my swmbo asking "what the hell did you buy now" Lol. That one would be hard to sneak into the shop. Ohhhh wait - just another woodworking tool... Nothing to see here. Hahahaha

Dude. I can just hear my swmbo asking "what the hell did you buy now" Lol. That one would be hard to sneak into the shop. Ohhhh wait - just another woodworking tool... Nothing to see here. Hahahaha
the cans would be hard to hide lol

It's going to be a hell of a lot easier than the Unitank. I still haven't quite figured that one out. It's still just a big box covered up in a corner for now. :rolleyes:

Ya know, the OP never came back after posting what's basically an ad. Almost a hint of spam on this thread imho

Back