My German inspired brew shed

Awesome stuff garrison if your going in use that water I'd filter it. Only reason I say this is that garden hose taste I seem to get from water that run through one of these it gets that plasticy taste to it. Alright fro cleaning and what not but not for a fine kolsch or pilsner.
Anyway I'm sure you've thought of this but a heads up just in case. Love ya work man!

Awesome stuff garrison if your going in use that water I'd filter it. Only reason I say this is that garden hose taste I seem to get from water that run through one of these it gets that plasticy taste to it. Alright fro cleaning and what not but not for a fine kolsch or pilsner.
Anyway I'm sure you've thought of this but a heads up just in case. Love ya work man!

The hose is temporary and is being used to test it all works. Food grade hose is being ordered tomorrow to prevent any issues like this.
And thanks for the appreciation!

Just a small update, managed to get a brew on yesterday. First time in the BrauSchuppen so thought best to make it a German style. So i brewed a Helles, the same one I brewed 3 weeks ago that I'm happy with. A longer brewday as I wanted to take time due to the change in location and less floor space compared to the Kitchen. But succesful all in all.
Saturday morning the Wife said we were going to Ikea for a walk around, I was a little annoyed at this but then rememebered I needed some hooks to hang equipment on next to the brew area. First we stopped in Denny's for breakfast, it'd opened up a few months back and were eager to try.
IMG-20190615-194950.jpg

This is Ikea's Kungsfor range, stainless, very sleek looking and has a few more accessories I can buy when I grow the space and little to the right. I bought 10 hooks in all, but I think I need to get one or two of their containers for the likes of my refractometer and ph meter. All in all, this cost me £15, Had a look there and they do offer this range world wide.
I also built a little shelf for my Amp to go on, I'm by no means a carpenter or any good with wood. I'm also using scrap as this unit will not be a permanent fixture as I'll be looking to build a better carcass at a later point.
IMG-20190615-201606.jpg

Here's how we sit when brewing. The Bavarian Banner is the perfect size to cover the storage area. I was thinking previously of making doors for this, but its a shed! It's my Shed! And I like it! Also, I can take the Banner down when I brew to give me a more access to storage areas. My plan is to get a small plastic set of drawers for under the space of the Amp.
IMG-20190616-101907.jpg

Heres a photo with the sparge heater stored to show the tool area.
IMG-20190617-070309-522.jpg

Thanks again for the views and comments. I'm still looking for advise on a cheap material to clad the walls with. I am thinking OSB as its cheap and I kinda like the look of it.
All the best
John

Just a small update, managed to get a brew on yesterday. First time in the BrauSchuppen so thought best to make it a German style. So i brewed a Helles, the same one I brewed 3 weeks ago that I'm happy with. A longer brewday as I wanted to take time due to the change in location and less floor space compared to the Kitchen. But succesful all in all.
Saturday morning the Wife said we were going to Ikea for a walk around, I was a little annoyed at this but then rememebered I needed some hooks to hang equipment on next to the brew area. First we stopped in Denny's for breakfast, it'd opened up a few months back and were eager to try.
IMG-20190615-194950.jpg

This is Ikea's Kungsfor range, stainless, very sleek looking and has a few more accessories I can buy when I grow the space and little to the right. I bought 10 hooks in all, but I think I need to get one or two of their containers for the likes of my refractometer and ph meter. All in all, this cost me £15, Had a look there and they do offer this range world wide.
I also built a little shelf for my Amp to go on, I'm by no means a carpenter or any good with wood. I'm also using scrap as this unit will not be a permanent fixture as I'll be looking to build a better carcass at a later point.
IMG-20190615-201606.jpg

Here's how we sit when brewing. The Bavarian Banner is the perfect size to cover the storage area. I was thinking previously of making doors for this, but its a shed! It's my Shed! And I like it! Also, I can take the Banner down when I brew to give me a more access to storage areas. My plan is to get a small plastic set of drawers for under the space of the Amp.
IMG-20190616-101907.jpg

Heres a photo with the sparge heater stored to show the tool area.
IMG-20190617-070309-522.jpg

Thanks again for the views and comments. I'm still looking for advise on a cheap material to clad the walls with. I am thinking OSB as its cheap and I kinda like the look of it.
All the best
John
What you gunna clad the internal walls? Yes I use those Ikea hooks some even in the shower yep good stainless haven't rusted so far!:p
Look in good.

Another quick update.
I'm stopping the build for the next while, I'm trying to put money away for insulation and what I'm going to do with cladding the wall's. A food grade hose turned up on Tuesday in prep for a collaboration brewday tomorrow(saturday 29th). Myself and three friends have put cash together to brew a small batch of a Strong belgian ale in prep for the colder weather.

But last week I realised I had to get my finger out and build the splashbacks. I don't have build images, But I do have final products.
It started with an Idea and a post out to a couple of facebook groups, One being a German brewing group. I asked where I could get German beer mats from in the UK, I have a localish pub close to myself in work which sells only German Beers. I asked for a few from there and they were happy to help but it all came together when a chap messaged me asking for my address and offering to help. Well, a month later a package turns up at my home, with about 70 mats inside.

I'm planning on returning the favour and sending over some local treats, Scottish tablet, shortbread etc as I was only expecting 10, but I've been told more is on the way.
Anyway, here is the finished product.
IMG-20190623-111714.jpg

IMG-20190623-144528-836.jpg

I've still to build the stand a lot better, put it on casters with brakes on them. But I'm very happy with the final product. Will be putting a window sil on once I have the cladding done, so this will be water tight. But I just love looking at it.

Looks Fantastic!!

Looks wicked!
Funny, I'm reading mats, and I'm not getting it, to me a mat is a small piece of carpet in the hall.... Then I see the picture, ah, I get it now! (we call them coasters here in canuckland).

Looks wicked!
Funny, I'm reading mats, and I'm not getting it, to me a mat is a small piece of carpet in the hall.... Then I see the picture, ah, I get it now! (we call them coasters here in canuckland).
Yep, coasters

Yep, coasters
"Bierdeckel", which literally translates into "beer lid"....go figure ;)
(there is actually a historic reason why the most common german name is "lid" and not something that is actually placed beneath the glass)

Back