Maybe time to take the next step with the homebrew gear.

I Second @RoadRoach thoughts above absolutely nothing wrong with Extract brewing man.

Actually one member here @Craigerrr has reverted back to extract recently.
I have done a couple of extract recipes and have had really good results. I did just get a used mash tun and am doing an all grain tomorrow. I have been doing most of my beer as a BIAB small batchs, anywhere between one gallon and 3.5 gallons.

I have done a couple of extract recipes and have had really good results. I did just get a used mash tun and am doing an all grain tomorrow. I have been doing most of my beer as a BIAB small batchs, anywhere between one gallon and 3.5 gallons.
Probably the smarter thing to do so you can try a lot of different styles. I should probably start doing the same, but it takes just as long to ferment 2.5 gallons as it does to ferment 5 gallons. I try to make enough that I don't have to buy any, but it doesn't always work that way.

Probably the smarter thing to do so you can try a lot of different styles. I should probably start doing the same, but it takes just as long to ferment 2.5 gallons as it does to ferment 5 gallons. I try to make enough that I don't have to buy any, but it doesn't always work that way.
It does, but if I have a beer that doesn't turn out, I don't have as much money invested in my raw product. I am finding that the stuff I like i can then set aside recipes for later. The stuff that doesn't turn out the recipes get shredded. I have had a few 5 gallon ones that turned out great after a small batch brew.

Back