Mash Temperature Question

Maybe that's the difference you see. Or maybe you missed the "per se" at the end of: Whether or not a grain is malted has no affect on it's extract potential per se
That was my point as well...I was more making note of the difference in diastatic power which is lacking in flaked wheat and is higher, on average, than malted barley in malted wheat. The starches in flaked wheat should, in theory add to the bottom line the same is a malted wheat but the more efficient mechanism of enzymatic action may make a difference.

That was my point as well...I was more making note of the difference in diastatic power which is lacking in flaked wheat and is higher, on average, than malted barley in malted wheat. The starches in flaked wheat should, in theory add to the bottom line the same is a malted wheat but the more efficient mechanism of enzymatic action may make a difference.
\

Just wanted to clarify.

I largely was just ignoring flaked wheat cause I have a big tub of white wheat and figured close enough. Which based on how we're going around in circles I think was probably a valid assumption.

Back