Mango Wheat Ale

Bigbre04

Premium Plus Member
Established Member
Reaction score
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1414041/big-mango-wheat-beer

Let me know what you think about this. I will be adding mango puree post fermentation. I can also add some lime or vanilla to work on the final flavor profile.

I was planning on using Voss, but I have some Wit yeast in the cooler that would also work.

I am shooting for less complexity in my recipes, not that it makes a huge difference. My real debate was between using Vienna, Munich 1, or Biscuit malt. Most of the recipe examples that i have found online use Munich 1 but im open to using any of the 3.

I will obviously be putting a ton of ricehulls into this guy. I just dont weigh them though i just go by the amount of scoops.

Voss to me in the past has a bitter citrus quality to it I've found.
If your doing a wheat beer type thing with Mango in the fermenter I'd stick with the wit yeast for a more authentic wheat yeast driven flavour profile.

Man that looks great mind you I've not tried cashmere hops but the lupomax Equinox yummy.

I'd drink a shoit outta that if I could:)

Just my humble 2c

Mango reminds me of citrus, so lime would be my pick over vanilla. And biscuit would be right out, that's not very tropical. My own tastes though.

Mango reminds me of citrus, so lime would be my pick over vanilla. And biscuit would be right out, that's not very tropical. My own tastes though.

agreed. after sleeping on it i think the right answer is munich 1. The vanilla/lime was just to fine tune the final flavor profile once im at that stage.

Im getting geared up to fruit my current sour with passionfruit, tangerine, and lime. always kind of fun but very sticky.

Voss to me in the past has a bitter citrus quality to it I've found.
If your doing a wheat beer type thing with Mango in the fermenter I'd stick with the wit yeast for a more authentic wheat yeast driven flavour profile.

Man that looks great mind you I've not tried cashmere hops but the lupomax Equinox yummy.

I'd drink a shoit outta that if I could:)

Just my humble 2c

i like the cashmere alot. i think they will blend well with the ekuanot and mandarina flavors wise. Should offer a nice citrus punch.

I am debating the yeast thing, but im leaning towards the wit yeast just to get it out of my cooler(its already been opened and vacuum packed so its not getting better with time). plus i would rather save the more expensive and more useful voss for when i need to brew a few times to refill draft space.

agreed. after sleeping on it i think the right answer is munich 1. The vanilla/lime was just to fine tune the final flavor profile once im at that stage.

Im getting geared up to fruit my current sour with passionfruit, tangerine, and lime. always kind of fun but very sticky.
Sort of a drive-by fruiting...

Sort of a drive-by fruiting...

Ended up throwing
42#s of passionfruit
12L tangerine puree
1.5L lime Juice
250ml of Vanilla

Carbed it yesturday and packaged it today. It is very tasty. nice and juicy. 5% abv.

I might toss the remaining tangerine into the mango wheat that i am brewing today to spice it up a little.

I might toss the remaining tangerine into the mango wheat that i am brewing today to spice it up a little.
Now that will brighten it up and taste great!

Back