Maibock inspired Imperial Blonde Lager

Hmm, think I could get over my lager and German beer ennui for this one. Three months travelling around Germany a year or so ago and I'm still finding it hard to get stuck into some of my old favourites. Or maybe it's because it's more like the German beer equivalent of the 'inspired by true events' film.
I'd suggest you not use such big words around here but "ennui" only has five letters.... I lived in Germany for eight years and dang, I miss the beers! We have a local brewery that does a really good job with Pilsners and Helles and the 2017 GABF gold for Pilsner is available in supermarkets (and I know the guy who brewed it), so I don't miss everything, just a really good, fresh Kolsch or Altbier, now and again, or a really hoppy old-school northwestern German pilsner. More beery goodness: Microbreweries!

Which brewery do you speak of regarding the Pilsner and Helles? I live on the west side of the metro area and am always looking for good German style beers brewed around here. Cannonball Creek in Golden won gold this year for their Pils so I have been enjoying that of late...

Which brewery do you speak of regarding the Pilsner and Helles? I live on the west side of the metro area and am always looking for good German style beers brewed around here. Cannonball Creek in Golden won gold this year for their Pils so I have been enjoying that of late...
The Dry Dock in Aurora is the brewery I mean. The GABF Pilsner was Rockyard in Castle Rock. Haven't seen the Cannonball Creek.... But your best bet for Germans is Bierstadt Lagerhaus in RINO. I haven't had Prost's beers since Bill Eye left them but they used to produce ein sehr gutes Bier! And Tivoli, downtown, has one of the best Helles I've tried.

Nice. Never seen those beers from dry dock but I only see their beers at liquor stores. I regularly purchase Prost but have not made it to Bierstadt yet. Grimm Brothers also does some good German stuff

Nice. Never seen those beers from dry dock but I only see their beers at liquor stores. I regularly purchase Prost but have not made it to Bierstadt yet. Grimm Brothers also does some good German stuff
I think those are only available in the South Dock taproom. The Rockyard Pilsner is available in cans.

Back