Lemondrop IPA

mk019127

Trial Member
Reaction score
Making small adjustments to a Clawhammer recipe to give lemondrop a try. Also my first time using brewer's friend for a recipe and will have some new equipment going so looking forward to it. Main changes I've made are bumping up the grain bill for a higher gravity... and simplicity in ordering, adjusting the hop schedule a little, reducing boiling time, and fermentation temp.

Anything sticking our or suggestions are much appreciated. Really hoping for light color with a smooth mouthfeel and rounded citrus flavor. Thanks!

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1150363/lemon-drop-juicy-ipa

That will indeed be citrus.

Depending on your equipment, you might consider a half pound of rice hulls to counter that wheat and oats. Makes things flow better.

Personally, that is a complex hops bill, I like things simple, but I do not see anything 'wrong' with it. Just complex.

I would love to hear how this turns out!

Reactions: J A
maybe add couple grapefruits worth of zest! just to put it over the top

That will indeed be citrus.

Depending on your equipment, you might consider a half pound of rice hulls to counter that wheat and oats. Makes things flow better.

Personally, that is a complex hops bill, I like things simple, but I do not see anything 'wrong' with it. Just complex.

I would love to hear how this turns out!

thanks! Will grab some rice hulls to go with to be safe

Back