Lallemand Abbaye Dry Yeast

My wife and I just finished a long hike, so why not enjoy a home brew? I opened the first bottle of my BelWit, fermented with LalBrew Abbaye Belgian Style Ale yeast. With only one week of conditioning, the head is a little thin, but the beer effervescent and hazy. There is a touch of citrus, and subtle spicy fruitiness. It seems balanced. This is a pretty good, refreshing beer, in my opinion. It might deserve another brew - we’ll see how it goes as the rest continue to condition.
Hey Herms, I dropped a bit of carafoam and some munich malt in my recipe. Maybe that will help with the thiness. I'm cold crashing it as I write this.

My wife and I just finished a long hike, so why not enjoy a home brew? I opened the first bottle of my BelWit, fermented with LalBrew Abbaye Belgian Style Ale yeast. With only one week of conditioning, the head is a little thin, but the beer effervescent and hazy. There is a touch of citrus, and subtle spicy fruitiness. It seems balanced. This is a pretty good, refreshing beer, in my opinion. It might deserve another brew - we’ll see how it goes as the rest continue to condition.
Mine certainly was NOT balanced. Very heavy on the yeast esters. Good to hear that you had a better go with it.

I have another packet so I will look back through my notes and may try again. Unless that beer is EXCELLENT though I doubt I'll give it another go unless asked by friends (many folks liked the beer)... - It can be hard these days to want to stray from the couple of yeasts that I have grown to know and love well. lol

Back